Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Global News Radio 770 CHQR has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Weekend/Holiday - News Anchor. Reporting to the News Manager, you will be responsible for gathering, researching and writing and presenting news pieces for 770 CHQR. We’re looking for a news and information junkie who wants to be part of a great team, in a casual, fill-in capacity.
- Anchoring newscasts during a variety of shifts.
- Working with colleagues at Global News to share news content across multiple platforms
- Update and maintain News Media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, texting, blogs etc.)
- Perform news desk checks
- Monitor Fire/Police/EMS
What We Need From You:
- A strong on-air presentation with the ability to adapt
- Strong news writing abilities
- Be able to generate new stories over telephone
- The ability to work alone and with others to meet strict deadlines
- A high level of initiative and self-motivation
- A strong journalism, news and sports background
- Post-secondary education
- Intimate understanding and fluency in New Media (Twitter, Facebook, texting, blogs etc.)
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Experience with Burli newsroom operating system considered an asset
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.