Harris Oceanside Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. In Parksville has an immediate opening for QUALIFIED Automotive Technicians with experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Harris Auto Group, one of the largest family-owned and operated dealership groups on Vancouver Island.
Come live in the best part of Canada!
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or GM standards
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labour and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Working with Service Advisors, explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made
As an Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- Red Seal or Level 2 experience is preferred
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll enjoy working in a modern, state-of-the-art facility and fun & friendly environment. The Harris Auto Group offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full range of benefits including health, dental, and more.
To apply, contact:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 to $39.00 /hour
- Journeyman (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)