Performs outside sales of Turnkey Lighting and Energy Solutions to end-user customers (including lighting solution design), and is responsible for increasing company sales and margins by calling on and building relationships with an assigned group of accounts. This position is generally fully commissioned. Detailed Description
- Qualifies accounts by determining market potential.
- Calls on accounts and solicits business.
- Increases sales and margins to existing and new customers.
- Resolves customer problems.
- Identifies buying influences.
- Makes regularly scheduled visits with each account.
- Develops long-term relationship and influences buying decisions.
- Provides quotations either directly or in conjunction with sales team.
- Demonstrates products and services to customers.
- Performs joint calls with WESCO preferred vendors.
- Provides feedback to branch management on market levels, products to stock, etc.
- Increases account penetration.
- Conducts training.
- Works trade fair booths.
- Utilizes sales management tools for sales planning and documenting opportunities.
- Inside sales and counter support.
- Works with management utilizing LEAN to develop proactive sales strategies.
- Mentors sales team.
Outside sales in industry – 3 years required; 5 years preferred.
Track record of success in business to business sales – 3 years required; 5 years preferred.
High School Degree or equivalent required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Ability to persuade others.
Ability to clearly and effectively set goals.
- Driver – Work is generally performed in moving vehicle. Driving required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Outside Sales – Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Warehouse – Work is generally performed in a warehouse environment. The noise level is moderately quiet. Generally well ventilated and well lighted. Warehouse employees may be exposed to all kinds of weather and may be required to wear protective clothing. Operates heavy equipment. Strict safety regulations may be required.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Work is physically strenuous and workers are required to lift heavy packages up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require excessive bending or stooping.
- Employee required to walk long distances repeatedly throughout the day.
- Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job.
- Employee required to climb ladders.
- Employee required to use hand tools.
- Employee uses heavy machinery (e.g., forklift, etc.).
- Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
- Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Employee required to calibrate precise measurements.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
- Employee required to communicate with the public.
- Employee required to manage other employees.
For WESCO locations in Canada, we offer a competitive compensation and flexible benefit plan, pension plan, educational assistance plan and more. Please note, in the recruitment process accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
WESCO values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.