Who you are:
As a Database Administrator, you’ll be the central gate-keeper of the database. You’ll be integral to the design, installation, monitoring, maintenance, and performance tuning of databases all while ensuring high levels of data availability. You’ll also be working with our Director, Data as well as our senior Development team to ensure appropriate policies to maintain database integrity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the DevOps team to develop database architectures, coding standards, quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Design and implement redundant systems for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate data storage for database systems.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices in database use.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to other members of the team.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Consult with senior development team regarding creation of models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
Who you are:
- Previous strong working experience with Microsoft Azure required. Experience with AWS is a nice to have
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server 2018 Enterprise, Azure SQL
- Working experience with table partitions within SQL server as well as archival processes
- MCSA (SQL Server) or MCSE (Data Platform/Business Intelligence).
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of High Availability architecture such as Always-On Availability Groups.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with modern big data solutions such as Spark, Azure SQL DW, Azure Data Lake Analytics, or Cosmos DB
Why work here?
Based in Burnaby, BC, Cymax Group is one of North America’s largest e-commerce furniture retailers with over 230,000 furniture SKUs - making us a leader in online sales for all items home and office. We pride ourselves on our unique culture, consisting of impressive team members from all walks of life working together to contribute to the amazing growth we’ve seen. With regular company socials and tons of opportunities to learn, we strive to be the most engaging office in Canada.
We’re looking to hire talented people (like you!) to join our passionate team that will support you as you continue to advance your career.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE ASKED TO APPLY DIRECTLY USING LINK BELOW:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent