Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
People and Culture Analyst, HRIS
Manager, People and Culture Operations, Talent and Total Rewards
Full time temporary – Approximately 18 months
September 19, 2021
Remote within Canada only
Do you love data? Do you possess a unique blend of human resources experience with a passion for employee experiences and the desire to maintain Human Resource systems? If so, this is the right opportunity for you! You will make a meaningful difference by assisting our team to administer IT systems and report on meaningful trends meant to attract and retain high quality talent so that our staff continue to do what they do – make a tangible difference in the lives of children, families and communities around the world. The bottom line is: We want to do more for more children.
Why consider us?
- World Vision Canada has consistently been awarded Canada’s and the GTA’s top employers. Other awards granted are for financial transparency, and for the work we do in the field.
- We are Canada’s largest development, relief and advocacy non-profit.
- We embody an Agile mindset here.
- You get extra time off for restoration. We close for an additional day on long weekends, 6 times a year. You also receive Wellness Days.
- Vacation premium is also provided.
- Benefits are provided on Day 1
- You can work remotely.
The HRIS Analyst provides expert analysis of HRIS data to help guide and inform decisions that optimize the employee experience. They are responsible for data integrity and maintenance of the Information Systems while providing coaching to users. They will also provide timely, effective, and expert human resourcing support to the organization.
Analysis and Reports – 35%
HRIS Administration, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting:
- Manipulate data sets from multiple sources, performing in depth data analytics and predictive modelling to understand emerging trends, patterns, or insights through the use of statistical analyses.
- Mine internal and external data to develop research results that emphasize actionable recommendations and insights.
- Design, test, and implement automated reporting and infrastructure to support report generation and enhance self-service and usability for the team.
- Pull, and maintain monthly/quarterly/yearly reports and provide analysis for various audience, such as for the People and Culture (P&C) team, Hiring Managers, World Vision International, other external bodies as required. Reports and analysis include: salary control and benefits; employee demographics and insights; employee engagement; employees with expiring work permits/contracts/secondments/18 month term; employee activity; sick days report; turnover/exit; Phone Tree Report; Birthday list (Exec office); TM1 budgeting uploads; and data file for Our Voice yearly employment engagement survey including some analysis support.
- Proactively keep abreast of issues and trends in the HR field.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the P&C information systems [Dayforce (DF), 15Five, LinkedIn Learning} to include integration, maintenance, optimization, upgrades, security, etc.
- Manage end users accounts, permission, and access rights. For Learning Management System (LMS) (Absorb/Learning Wave) create new user accounts, assign onboarding training; remove user accounts for departed employees (saving transcripts for employee files and upload into DF). Monitor number and distribution of available seats/licences.
- Ensure data integrity by monitoring data coming in via HR forms and ensuring the correct data is recorded on HRIS.
- Maintenance duties include:
i. Completing annual vacation/sick days/time away entitlement setup in HRIS. (Periodically, also for new hires, rehires, mat leave prorating before and after, LTD, internal transfers, and terminations).
ii. Annual set up of and oversight of the Vacation Buy program in HRIS, and set up new stat holiday calendars including Orange Days.
iii. Creating new organizations, positions, reporting lines, and cost centres in HRIS.
iv. Providing HRIS access email to employees going on leave/terminated for T4 and other requirements.
- Troubleshooting includes:
o Assisting with Active Directory error logs.
o Tracking, managing, and escalating HRIS support tickets. HRIS troubleshooting and resolution.
Training/Projects – 15%
- Edit and develop if needed user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train internal clients on new processes/functionality. Train new system users.
- Answer related Help Desk (Requestify) tickets.
- Maintain general knowledge of HRIS developments, system upgrades. Attend webinars, test new features and implement.
- Work with Project Lead on system efficiencies, and/or process optimization.
- University Degree in Math, Statistics, Human Resources or similar field.
- 2-3 years of experience in analytical modeling, advanced analytics with relevant tools.
- Experience with data management and use of statistical software, ability to engage in meta-analysis, statistical analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Understanding of current employment legislation: i.e.) Employment Standards, Human Rights Code, etc.
- Experience in Human Resources field particularly as an Analyst or System Administrator.
- Advanced command of MS Office particularly Word and Excel.
- Prior experience with Ceridian DayForce is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Proven attention to detail is very important as well as the ability to oversee several moving parts simultaneously is critical to success.
- Results oriented and thrives in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Tactful and diplomatic in sensitive situations. Demonstrating sound judgement.
- Previous experience with confidential information.
- Flexible schedule. Some evenings work may be required to accommodate projects or immediate deadlines.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 GTA's Top 10
Our Core Values:
We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.