This is a Part-time/Virtual Real Estate Clerk contract position
- Handle all aspects of Real Estate files with minimal supervision.
- The ability to independently manage real estate transactions from start to finish, including drafting all documents and correspondences with other solicitors through to reporting to clients.
- Review agreements of purchase and sale and conduct appropriate searches, including off-titles.
- Draft transaction documents for purchase, sale and financing of residential property
- Prepare draft requisition letters and responses.
- Experience independently managing mortgage transactions, including drafting all mortgage documents, correspondences with solicitors for the lenders and borrowers through to reporting to clients and lenders.
- Knowledge of how to read and interpret title searches/writ/execution searches and the ability to determine when off-title searches are required.
- Prepare and calculate final ledgers and determine final amounts due from and owing to clients.
- Liaise with clients, counsel, financial institutions, title insurance companies, land registry offices.
- Raise potential issues to the attention of lawyer.
- Obtain and review title insurance policies and endorsements.
- Excellent proficiency in Teraview/Unity, Conveyancer, Cosmolex, FCT and MMS systems.
- Prepare reporting letters/accounts to clients and lenders, promptly following the completion of files.
- The ability to be proactive, organized, work ahead of schedule, meet strict deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with a positive attitude and have strong time management skills.
Skills and experience:
- This role is best suited to an individual with a background and appreciation for excellent customer service.
- Being able to handle stressful situations and manage competing priorities is essential.
- Must have the ability to work as an individual within a team, have a strong personal sense of responsibility and possess clear communication abilities.
- Keen eye for detail and strong time management skills.
A minimum of 5-7 years of real estate law clerk experience is preferred but not required.
A competitive compensation - per file basis will be offered to successful candidates.
Interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume.
Reference ID: Part-time Real Estate Law Clerk
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance
- real estate: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)