Human Resources Associate (Generalist)
We're looking for a great team player with HR and accounting background to join our team! This role will provide guidance and support to the management team and associates on all HR matters, plus be able to take on some ad-hoc accounting tasks and/or projects. Areas include payroll, benefits, attendance management, recruitment, training, legislative compliance, performance management, associate relations, and health and safety. Administer programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the goals of the organization.
- Degree with a focus in Human Resources, Business or related field; and / or, a minimum 3-5 years’ experience of progressive human resources and accounting experience in a fast paced and high volume environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion, tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and related computers skills in HRMS/SAP, Payroll, and Time & Attendance Management Systems.
- Knowledgeable in accounting fundamentals.
- Administer HR policies, programs and initiatives.
- Time and attendance.
- Associate relations.
- Track data for vacation, performance reviews, and attendance/conduct incidents.
- Prepare coaching and counselling letters for attendance/conduct incidents.
- Payroll and benefit administration.
- Recruiting and hiring process.
- Conduct orientations for core training and information sessions.
- Coordinate training according to HR training matrix.
- Maintain HRIS, associate records, and filing.
- Respond to inquiries about policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ad-hoc accounting tasks and/or projects.
- Complete administrative duties in support of the HR function, including preparing various correspondences.
- Perform related duties as required
- Multitasking skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
- Good work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Motivates and works well with others to complete the necessary tasks.
At Musashi, we're an equal opportunity employer and committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Casual dress
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)