The mission of the Jewish General Hospital Foundation is to advance health care and medical research for the people of Quebec by supporting Montreal's Jewish General Hospital, a tertiary-care, McGill University teaching hospital.
The Foundation provides essential assistance to the Hospital to enhance its extraordinary patient care, to further scientific discovery and to acquire the most recent and innovative medical equipment.
We partner with inspired members of the community to implement a wide variety of fundraising initiatives to achieve these ambitious goals.
Reporting to the Director, Event Planning and the Director, Event Logistics, the Associate Coordinator provides administrative and coordination support in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where accuracy, positive attitude and sense of initiative are essential qualities.
Due to the nature of the position, the associate will be required to provide support for several events and be involved in communicating with our partners. The associate will also be required to work outside regular business hours closer to the event taking place.s.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes, edits and formats a variety of correspondence, letters and other documents required for event coordinating and planning efforts.
- Generates and manages event lists including participants, sponsorships and suppliers.
- Manages deadlines and follow-up on multiple tasks in an efficient and enthusiastic manner.
- Works closely with the communication and marketing department and the printing vendors for all the visibility marketing materials for the sponsors.
- Inputs and extract information from the data management software Raiser’s Edge.
- Assists in coordination of logistics and follow-up on event linked initiatives.
- Coordinates all logistics for small receptions.
- Responds and handles all relevant internal and/or external enquiries from donors and sponsors.
- Updates and manages revenue, expenses and logistics (including suppliers) for activities linked to the events
- Produces solicitations, invitations and other group mailings as needed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organizes and convenes meetings and ensures the preparation of agendas and minutes.
- Responds to and handle all relevant internal and/or external inquiries in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Tracks attendance for meetings, events, and initiate telephone follow-up and confirmation.
- Provides reception coverage and back-up support to other assistants as required.
- Attends to different tasks as per business needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of at least three years in a similar position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge database software is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software.
- Experience working in events is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Facility to work on multiple files at the same time.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations or priorities.
- Extremely detail-oriented and good organizational skills.
- Capacity to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Has a high level of energy, enthusiasm, determination and initiative.
- Availability and flexibility to work outside regular hours and ability to attend events that may require working evening or weekend.
- Regular full-time position (35 hours/week)
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and pension plan coverage
Job Type: Full-time