You will be mostly working from your home office and report to our Senior Engineer. As our Technologist you will focus on structural design and coordinating our drawings ready for Permit. We support Architectural designers who focus on custom residential buildings.
We use the amazing Bluebeam (you should know what type of software this is) and we use AutoCad as we build and grow our detail library. If you can bring the right attitude and skills, we'll help train you with the rest!
You should have a designated, highly functional, command centre (home office), where you can focus and complete tasks, while you are 100% remotely working. As soon as the government allows (thanks COVID-19) for more social interactions, we’ll have you commute as needed (could be daily) to our Mississauga and/or Oakville office. Probation period will vary between 6-9 months.
Why Join Us:
- Great working environment, supportive team and flourishing company.
- Competitive Salary with Flexible Working Hours while working from the comfort of your own home.
- Company Health Spending Allowance & Monthly Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within the company.
Standard Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the designing and detailing of structural elements (primarily timber, concrete and steel) with emphasis on residential projects.
- Works with AutoCAD and Bluebeam to assemble and coordinate engineering drawings in collaboration with members of the engineering team.
- Write project-related correspondence as needed.
- Collaborates with clients and participates in client meetings facilitating solutions to design issues and challenges.
- Collaborate internally with colleagues using Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Conducts review and coordination of the architectural, mechanical, and structural drawings.
- Effectively uses Microsoft Planner by completing checklists and tasks which are submitted to the project engineer as required.
- 8+ years experience as a Designer, Structural Technologist, Architectural Technologist, CAD technician or a similar role.
- 5+ years of experience in Construction or a related industry.
- Bluebeam Experience is highly preferred, however, senior level Autocad experience will be considered as well.
- Previous experience in an architectural firm, or design consulting.
- Knowledgeable with Part 9 building code design.
- Strong understanding of Timber design (Forte Designer). Familiar with steel and concrete design principals.
- Ability to manage fluctuating workloads, multiple tasks and priorities to meet production schedules.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Construction Technology, Engineering Technology.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Check us out at ReviveEngineering.com
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness programs
- Vacation & paid time off
Reference ID: Technician FT 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- Designer, Structural Technologist: 8 years (Required)
- construction or related: 5 years (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Preferred)