Community Services – Recreation Services
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil
and gas, fertile farm-land, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta,
Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s
economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is
second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky
Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Customer Service Coordinator, and the Customer Service Representative is responsible
for creating ongoing relationships with members of Greenview Regional Multiplex. Providing information
on programs and services.
- Develop and foster guest relationships through professional, courteous, and efficient service for
all basic guest service requests through various means such as phone, email or in person.
- Process cash sales according to current policies, ensuring accurate and efficient balancing of
cash and terminal. May include payments for memberships, registrations, resale products and
- Follow check-in procedures for memberships and admissions, including the application of facility
- Resolve guest inquiries, concerns and complaints either directly or by referring to the appropriate
- Implement emergency procedures, provide information and directions to guests during
- Along with other facility staff, ensure appropriate use of the facility by guests and enforce
guidelines and rules.
- Register members into database for memberships, programs, bookings etc and ensure
registration and wait lists are monitored and managed accordingly.
- Accurate cash handling of registration payments, NSF payments, point of sale purchases, rentals,
and GRM facility sponsorships.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Community Services Coordinator
- Provide administrative support to the Greenview Regional Multiplex staff
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above
with a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
- Grade 12 High School education.
- Administration experience is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years in an office environment.
- A background in a provincial environment is considered an asset.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Crisis management and/or conflict resolution experience an asset.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Occasional light lifting.
- Extensive use of the computer and telephone.
- Long periods of sitting required, with good lighting temperature and noise control provided.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours, with occasional overtime required.
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the
Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with the Municipal
District policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent
of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Position is vacant until filled, interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume by December
13, 2019, in one of the following ways:
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0