Launch a new company from square one.
Are you a visionary with the entrepreneurial drive to build a company from the ground up?
Are you familiar with P&C, brokers and mutual insurance?
Are you a leader with a knack for bringing teams together?
Are you a tech-savvy number-cruncher?
This unique CEO opportunity may be for you.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and self-directed visionary to:
- Build a newly formed company, including the required high-performing team, systems and processes
- Develop and implement a strategic plan
- Identify and assess strategic opportunities, conducting financial planning, analysis and reporting
- Prospect, pursue, negotiate and acquire profitable property and casualty (P&C) insurance brokerages
- Are a strategic thinker; able to define the vision for the organization
- Have humility and self-awareness
- Are a strong communicator and an active listener
- Relate professionally and positively to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have a track record of bringing teams together
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Are a change agent
- Have an intellectual curiosity
- Are decisive and hold others accountable
- Have unquestionable personal and professional integrity
Initially, a fair amount of in-Ontario travel will be required. The location of the physical office will be up to you. This
role offers a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, and a retirement plan.
If we've sparked your interest and you are up for a challenge, we encourage you to contact email@example.com to
receive a detailed position specification.
The mutual insurance community represents one of the most secure financial networks in Canada. At its core is the
tradition of ‘neighbour helping neighbour.’ The business model is simple – there are no shareholders. Companies
are owned by policyholders. Policyholders are participants in the business and have a voice. Their interests are
served first. The Canadian mutual insurance community started serving farmers in the 1800s. Today, mutuals
insure all types of risks, including auto, farm, property, and commercial and they are still rooted in the community.
Mutuals are neighbourhood champions that support local economies and bolster local projects.
The yet-to-be-named ‘Broker Acquisition Company’ was established in 2019 and is owned by a group of Canadian
mutual insurance companies for the purpose of acquiring and overseeing profitable property and casualty
brokerages to help maintain and grow the premium volume in the mutual system.