The Delivery Driver is responsible for transporting parts, equipment and supplies for the dealership. He or she will instruct customers on basic equipment operating procedures. Also in charge of organizing the lot and ensuring the facilities are presentable. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Job Type / Category
- Transports equipment, parts and supplies to/from customers and/or between dealer facilities.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all distance traveled in performing assigned duties.
- Instructs customers on basic equipment operating procedures as required.
- Maintains records of pickup and deliveries and obtains necessary signatures and receipts.
- Maintains assigned trucks and related equipment in good repair.
- Complies will all applicable laws, rules and regulations pertaining to hauling equipment and transportation in general.
- Safely follows proper defensive driving practices and ensures loads comply with MTO regulations.
- Other duties as necessary.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Possess at a minimum a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Preferable to hold an 'A' Class Licence
- Familiarity with farming equipment, commercial landscaping equipment, and commercial worksite equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
Green Tractors is a full-service John Deere dealer - with broad expertise in Agriculture, the Commercial sector, residential and large property owner markets and Golf and Sports Turf. Green Tractors' expertise in a variety of markets provides our clients with a wider range of products and services, as well as a greater selection of products. A rich history spanning over 50 years is built on a foundation of vast experience and strong customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
- delivery driver: 3 years (Preferred)
- heavy equipment operator: 3 years (Preferred)