OnX is a leading data center infrastructure and application provider that serves businesses, health care organizations, and government agencies across Canada. From Unified Communications to Cloud Services and beyond, OnX combines deep technical expertise with a full suite of flexible technology solutions that drive business outcomes, improve operational efficiency, mitigate risk, and reduce costs for its clients. For more information, please visit www.onx.com.
Roles and Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To:
The Microsoft Infrastructure Senior Delivery Consultant is a key member of the Canadian Professional Services Delivery team. The Consultant works closely with local Sales and Delivery teams to plan, design and implement various industry-recognized Microsoft solutions for clients using a mix of technologies:
o O365 Suite (Teams, OneDrive, Exchange)
o Active Directory
o Systems Center, SQL
o SQL Server (Deployment and Migration)
o Azure (MIM, SSO and Multifactor Authentication)
o Quest, AWS, VMware vSphere, Veeam
In this role, you will:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Play a key role in technology assessments and discovery
- Lead recommending, seeking approval and sign-off of proposed solutions and
- Design, develop and implement proposed solution.
- Strong Information Technology background (7 plus years) encompassing experience in Consulting, Architecting, Design, Deployment of varied networking and voice solutions with related products or services is required
- Strong English communication skills – both written and spoken are essential
- Those having strong organizational and interpersonal skills plus a demonstrated effectiveness in customer-facing roles are ideal
- Strong presentation technical skills and must be able to work cross-functionally with account teams and partner organizations
- Assessment, discovery, design and delivery experience is essential
- Expertise in Microsoft Active Directory design, implementation and migration projects.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and cloud architectures, including cloud authentication and Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies
- Experience in design and application packaging using PowerShell scripting, SCCM, InTune or other third-party tools for larger rollouts such as Windows 10 considered an asset
- Experience with Quest migration tools considered an asset
- Experience in VMware servers ESXi 5.x and 6.x with VMware VSphere Client an asset
- Skilled with in-depth understanding of core Active Directory principles, including DNS/DHCP, FSMO roles, Group Policy, OU structure, IP Address management and related
- Knowledge of Office 365 deployment and/or implementations, particularly involving setup of AD/ADFS/ADSync and/or migration of email to O365
- Knowledge of advanced Windows file services such as DFS, clustering and/or OneDrive synchronization
- Knowledge of the installation and basic administration of SQL Server
- Ability to apply knowledge of various industry-recognized network operating system architectures and sound technology architecture principles to deliver high-quality, cost-effective solutions
- Compelling communication skills across a wide variety of mediums and situations - including written and verbal communication and in presentations spanning formal and informal, from small to large audience
- Required Travel – Approximately 15% annually within Canada
- Experience creating Statements of Work, proposal responses, and related documentation considered an asset
- Experience with other networking and/or security technologies would be considered an asset
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline, or 2-3 year Technologist Diploma or equivalent
- Combination of certifications with the following technologies would be an asset:
o Microsoft MCSE
o VMware VCP / VCAP
To succeed in this role you should be energetic, motivated, and achievement-oriented. You can work independently or as a member of cross-functional teams. You are disciplined with an astute business sense, superior communication skills and with a strong orientation towards customer satisfaction. You are able to effectively present your ideas to senior management with a strong ability to think conceptually and strategically and to develop and/or leverage partnering relationships.
No unsolicited agency referrals please. For a listing of all opportunities at OnX, please go to www.onx.com/careers. To be considered for this opportunity, please "Apply" online. Thank you!
In compliance with Canadian Employment Standards all qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regards to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sex orientation, age, record offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
OnX provides reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at 1-513-841-6310 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.