1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Warehouse Associate – Temporary position – Mississauga
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Associate, Warehouse is responsible for the efficient picking, checking, packing, receiving and shipping customer orders while strictly following GMP guidelines and the Standard Operating Procedures.
Nature and Scope
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Warehouse & Facilities, the Associate, Warehouse picks checks, stages and ships drugs and supplies following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The Associate, Warehouse is responsible for receiving, packaging and shipping product. The warehouse associate is responsible to perform other duties such as general housekeeping, inventory checks and quality assurance checks, etc. The work is performed according to set practices and procedure and is of a routine nature.
What will you do:
What will you need:
- Prepare orders for shipment in accordance with the pick ticket and customer Requirements
- Check inventory to verify availability of needed stock
- Notify the warehouse team leader or manager of shortages
- Package and ship in accordance with SOP, packaging guidelines and accepted methods/practices
- Maintain product stock in work area
- Stock shelves in the warehouse
- Monitor packaging material supplies and notify the warehouse team leader or inventory control specialist when materials get to the restocking point
- Organize pick tickets and cross check against FedEx End of Day reports
- Receive and unload incoming products and compare information on packing slips with
- purchase orders to verify accuracy of shipment
- Sort, count, package, label, and unpack inventory that is received
- Inspect shipments for damages, loss, or defects, and notify the Manager of findings
- Responsible for accurately receiving, reporting, and distributing purchased items
- Stock shelves in the warehouse
- Operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading material and equipment
- Material Handling
- Read Pick worksheets and verify the material matches the pick worksheet order
- Verify all numbers the lot number and expiry date matches the pick worksheet and the product.
- Notify the Manager of warehouse team leader of problems with the orders
- Operate a ribbon spooling machine
- Adjust work orders as required when the material is short, according to the work order
- High School diploma
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs
- High attention to detail is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers.
- 95% of the work is done while in a standing position. Concurrently, 75% of this time is spent
bending, reaching, climbing, pulling, pushing and lifting objects up to 45lbs, buddy system
- The physical environment is a clean, quiet warehouse area.
- Operation of the tow motor requires extra attention than would normally be required. 10% of
the work is performed on a microcomputer display terminal.
- The job has a routine work pace with an enhanced degree of pressure.
- Ability to work shifts from Sunday - Friday of 9am-5pm depending on business needs
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.