Situated in Downtown Banff, our busy Head Office coordinates and supports the activities of our hotels, restaurants, spas, cinema, and retail outlets.
Our Group Sales Coordinator thrives in a fast-paced, busy environment that is our Groups Department! Organizing the day-to-day tasks of a wide-range of groups staying throughout the Banff Lodging Company properties, our Groups Coordinators demonstrate strong time-management, prioritization and customer-service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell Banff Lodging Company venues, facilities, amenities, and packages to prospective group clientele.
- Provide information about the variety of banquet and accommodation options Banff Lodging Company has to offer, and about the local area, by email, phone, and face-to-face communication.
- Facilitate and lead on-site viewings of facilities with prospective clients and vendors.
- Enter group rooming lists.
- Generate and maintain proposal documentation, including contracts, catering banquet event orders and Group Sales Team records.
- Work with third party vendors to secure additional services for events such as decor and Audio Visual Equipment.
- Create accurate invoices, collect and process prepayments.
- Perform regular detailed reviews of event folio documentation for completeness and accuracy, prior to handing over to venue staff.
- Provide the Front Desk(s) and Food and Beverage team(s) with pertinent information related to Groups arrivals and departures.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with event coordination is desired.
- Exceptional telephone manner and a willingness to work with a positive team player attitude.
- Self-motivator with outgoing personality and commitment to providing a high level of guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Previous experience with hotel information management systems is desirable.
- A positive team player attitude and a strong willingness to learn.
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible.
You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.