Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
The Licensed Automotive Technician works in a fast-paced auto service environment, providing superior expertise to customers and the automotive team in automotive systems, diagnostics and repairs. Communication skills are essential to succeed in this position. The Licensed Automotive Technician builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Performs accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics, estimates and repairs.
- Completes and reviews repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with Service Advisors and explains any additional maintenance work required to customers in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Liaises with Management/Service Advisors/Installers and Back Parts Window Associate to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
- Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards and performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
- Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and the vehicle owner.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Performs daily bay inspections in order to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness.
- Remains current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing/share options
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $37.25 /hour
- Automotive Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- automotive repair: 4 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)
- Red Seal (Required)