WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
As Canada’s largest national health charity, we fund the most promising cancer research, champion cancer prevention efforts and deliver programs and services that benefit Canadians affected by cancer. Join us and you can work with passionate and committed individuals from coast to coast who are working towards a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
To learn more about us, visit cancer.ca.
Reporting to the VP, Information and Technology, the Director, Information and Solutions Management (ISM) is responsible for leading the ISM function of the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS). In addition to supporting the VP, I&T with planning, strategy and roadmap development, this role requires strong leadership and application, technical and data management expertise to ensure ISM continues to evolve into an effective, efficient, high performing and service oriented function that will support CCS achieve its strategic goals.
The proven ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and ensuring ISM best practices are followed, all whilst leading and improving CCS' nationwide applications and databases, data quality, accuracy and integrity and information management will be key to the success of this role.
This role also includes leading, motivating and supporting ISM team members, the effective delegation of activities, financial and project management, contract and vendor management and documentation.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Utilising CCS' approved plans and partnering closely with business leaders and senior management nationwide to determine, prioritise and progress CCS' ISM needs, anticipate future needs and proactively identify technical solutions based on strategic direction
Providing complete and accurate financial management and support to the Executive Team in the development of CCS' budget and long term planning.
Ensuring all ISM team members are well managed, motivated, clear on their priorities and deliverables, working at capacity and held accountable.
Carry out all usual management matters of the ISM function at CCS (appraisals, goal setting, recruitment etc).
Proactively managing ISM team capacity.
Developing an effective partnership with the Information Technology team.
Building and maintaining strong, effective and productive relationships with the user community and key business leads.Working with the Director, Information Technology, be responsible for ensuring all CCS applications, databases and data nationwide are:
Well supported, managed and monitored
Backed up and recoverable
Fault tolerant where possible
As tightly integrated as possible
Current, regularly updated and future proofed
Data is accurate, complete, consistent and of the highest integrity
Represent ISM on the current implementation of a nationwide CRM (Salesforce), including participation on the project core group, overseeing the appropriate allocation of resources to support the program and ensuring that compliance and risks are considered through the implementation process.
Be responsible for maintaining, upgrading, purchasing (and decommissioning if required) ISM software, licences and applications as needed following best practices (e.g.: Change Control) where appropriate.
Responsible for the operational management and support of fundraising databases including administration, configuration, imports, exports, security and maintenance.
Set, manage and communicate (or lead these responsibilities) the standards and business processes for data collection, data integrity and data integration for CCS nationwide.
Manage & support the analytical and reporting needs of different CCS departments as needed.
Support leadership in fundraising and constituent engagement by providing accurate and complete data, including segmentations and lists as needed.
Manage and maintain the data warehouse.
Develop, document and implement information governance and associated processes that will ensure ongoing data integrity, security, privacy, accuracy and availability.
Ensure the user community expectations are met (or exceeded), that they are well coached and using applications effectively.
Manage certain projects to ensure they are completed within agreed budgets and timeframes.
Provide frequent progress reports to project owners and stakeholders across organization.
Update project plans and reference documents as required.
Work with external partners and vendors as needed.
Partner with the IT Service Desk to enhance the user community experience and to ensure ISM services and applications are effectively delivered.
Design and maintain staff training for operational CRM databases as required.
Creating a positive work environment which attracts and retains high calibre individuals.
Providing a safe and healthy work environment for team members and relevant stakeholders.
Working in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health Act and its regulations.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A technology or business related university degree with equivalent experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
10+ years of experience in managing cross functional application and information management teams.
5+ years of senior manager experience.
Proven, strong people management skills.
- Comprehensive experience in application and information management, including planning, deploying, supporting, maintaining, and optimizing the application and data environments of an organisation.
- Strong focus on and demonstrable experience with application and information security and audit.
- Excellent knowledge of CRMs including Raisers Edge and MS Dynamics.
- Excellent well-rounded technical knowledge, including SQL, and data integration and querying tools.
- Salesforce experience a strong asset.
- Knowledge of current trends including cloud and SaaS, mobile access to applications (including securing this access), big data and augmented analytics and BI, compliance (eg: GDPR recently) and an ability to conduct and direct research into application, database and information management issues and solutions as required.
- Excellent understanding of the information lifecycle and information governance best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouse and archiving concepts.
- Experience in data mining and analysis.
- Experience in Business Intelligence, associated tools and Big Data an asset.
- Understanding of federal/provincial privacy legislation and best practices and relevant compliance (eg: PCI compliance) a strong asset.
- Demonstrable experience in working with and analysis of a wide variety of data.
- Understanding of fundraising methodology an asset.
- Prior experience of financial management of a team, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Results oriented with proven analytical, evaluative and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Proven experience of prioritizing and delivering complex and
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Track record of success with demonstration of updated professional knowledge.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures an asset.
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by October 31, 2019. The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
Connect with us online
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube