Willier and Company is a boutique law firm located in downtown Edmonton. We service all aspects of the law, including, but not limited to Corporate, Civil, Criminal, Real Estate, and Family. Our expertise is assisting the First Nation and Indigenous Communities within Alberta. We are presently seeking out a flexible individual to assist in our Real Estate & Conveyance department.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents.
- File preparation and management.
- Book court dates, questionnings and communicate with other parties.
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means.
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts.
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Exceptional ability to work independently, unsupervised.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk program required.
- Must have a minimum 2 years of Conveyancy and Commercial/Residential Real Estate experience
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- legal assistant: 2 years (Required)