PERI is a leading global company in formwork, scaffolding and related engineering with over 1300 Engineers and 8,100 employees worldwide. Our comprehensive product range is the basis for the most cost-effective solutions in concrete construction. PERI offers excellent engineering expertise, efficient logistics operations, practical instruction and construction site support, hands on training and exceptional technical documentation. PERI takes an avid interest in the growth and development of all employees as they are the driving force behind the company’s continued success. The world of formwork and scaffolding is an exciting area in which to work, wherein employees are continually exposed to rewarding and enjoyable challenges that offer individuals the opportunity to develop unique and creative solutions for every type of project.
Scope of Position
PERI’s Technical Sales Consultants work closely with our customers to understand their needs for specific projects. Based on the needs that the TSC document, a Designer designs cost effective formwork, shoring and scaffolding solutions, and prepares drawings (including material take-offs) for standard designs and, as training and experience allow, custom designs under the supervision of a Lead Engineer/Designer or Senior Engineer / Designer. As experience develops and time allows, the Designer is expected to attend meetings, develop direct relationships with customers, and communicate directly with them on technical issues. The final design is used by the customer to assemble the equipment that we rent to them in order to safely and efficiently pour concrete structural elements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop formwork, shoring or scaffolding solutions for various kinds of concrete construction projects
- Perform static analyses to ensure safe designs
- Produce the following engineering documents:
- Design calculations
- Design layout drawings
- Assembly drawings
- Steel fabrication drawings
- Material lists
- Interact with PERI’s Technical Sales Consultants and other design professionals in order to provide the most cost-effective design solutions
- Directly interfaces with customers
- Provide on-site support when required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree in Civil Engineering 1-3 plus years of experience in structural engineering and drafting with AutoCAD
- Construction industry experience an asset
- Understanding of Canadian Building Standards and Codes an asset
- Outstanding organizational skills, drive, and the ability to prioritize
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to learn quickly and to work well independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- PERI product knowledge an asset
What's in it for you?
- A rewarding experience
- Great team members; our motto is “Stronger Together”
- Be part of a successful global family-owned company
- Opportunity for personal development
- Innovation and continuous improvement: make suggestions and improve the way we do things
- Participate in social events and fun activities
- Be part of a team that lives the PERI Values: Entrepreneurial, Reliable, Open-Minded, Passionate
- Be part of a team that lives the PERI Success Factors: Customer Proximity; Innovation Power; Family Company; Highest Quality
- Competitive compensation package including bonus
Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting an application on company career site: https://www.peri.ca/company/career.html. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation for candidates with disabilities is available throughout the recruitment process upon request.
PERI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at www.peri.ca