WHO YOU ARE
- You have about 3 years of work experience in managing a high-volume Restaurant (where you took care of the operations, budget, inventory, staffing, and team development)
- You have at least 3 years of proven formal Leadership experience
- You have ideas for, and experience implementing, food-waste-reduction programs and are always looking for more sustainable processes
- You have amazing attention for details and can effortlessly juggle multiple competing priorities while keeping a smile on your face
- You are a total people-person and can strike up a conversation easily
- You have an obvious passion for IKEA’s food offering, products and design, as well as our Sustainability commitment
- Your management style can only be summed up in like this: open door, empowering and supportive
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
- Be an IKEA Ambassador by understanding that you impact our customer’s experience by being able to offer solutions and answer questions that relate to their kitchen and home furnishing needs.
- Coach, manage, mentor and on-board new and existing team members to ensure that they succeed. This includes identifying and developing internal talent for the future.
- Responsible for ensuring Global and National compliance standards and processes are implemented and followed, and that the team maintains a safety-first mindset
- Maintain lean operations and inventory, concentrating on reducing food waste
- Ensuring compost/food waste programs are carried out responsibly
- Ensure that kitchen is always in optimal state, and that equipment is well maintained and always in working order
- Partner with the Commercial Restaurant Manager to further Business objectives
- Support and contribute to the IKEA Retail Food Business plan and Sustainability Business plan
- Stay up to date with our product line and be prepared to educate both customers and co-workers on their ingredients, allergens, and availability
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
Thanks to us, customers, co-workers and people at home can have a better everyday life through food that’s good for both people and planet. Together we serve more than 660 million customers yearly at the IKEA restaurants worldwide, underlining our Scandinavian heritage by offering a modern taste of Sweden. We also offer a variety of foods in our bistros and in the “Swedish Food market”. We are a diverse group of people who all live by the motto: Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as:
Kitchen Production Manager