We are looking for a patient, attentive Daycare Worker to care for children. The Daycare Worker will assist parents and their company by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Level 2 or 3 Childcare Certification
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Record of immunizations and ability to pass a background check.
- Exceptional communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
Interested applicants please submit a resume by applying through this posting or call (780) 475 0819
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Child Care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Level 2 or 3 Childcare Certificate (Required)