To support Whissell’s vision, mission, and S.P.I.R.I.T. of values, the PM and Lube Technician will Operate a field service truck for Whissell Contracting, in Calgary and the surrounding area.
- Operate field service truck in a safe and professional manner
- Work with all internal Business units to ensure equipment is maintained and repaired in a timely manner to assist in optimizing productivity
- Complete all required paperwork pertaining to Safety, DOT, PM program, and Service reports
- Perform daily running repairs to fleet, as directed by Shop Forman/Equipment Manager
- Mentor other team members as required
- Perform all repairs and PM's as per OEM guidelines
- Work overtime when required
- Comply with Whissell and local OH&S regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Shifts may vary
Qualifications & Experience:
- Journeyman Certificate Heavy Equipment Technician – On and Off-Road
- Valid Class three Drivers license, clean abstract
- First Aid - Standard with CPR
- Q endorsement
- Experience in Hydraulic systems
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Extensive knowledge in the Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting, repair and overhaul of the following product lines
- Caterpillar Excavators, Dozers, Scrapers, Wheel Loaders, Track Loaders, Motor Graders, Scrapers, Articulated Trucks, Compactors
- John Deere Excavators, Dozers, Wheel loaders, Articulated Trucks, Track Loaders
- Volvo Articulated Trucks
- Komatsu Excavators, Articulated trucks
- Terex Trash Master
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time