QA Test Lead/ Canada
Vitech is a global provider of cloud-based benefit and investment administration software. We help our clients expand their offerings and capabilities, streamline their operations, gain analytical insights, and transform their engagement models. Vitech employs over 1,200 professionals serving over 100 of the world’s most successful insurance, retirement and investment organizations. An innovator and visionary, Vitech has been recognized by Gartner as a Magic Quadrant “Leader” for four years running and by Celent as a three time XCelent award winner.
Our global headquarters are in New York City and we employ professionals across the world in cities including Toronto, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oklahoma City, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Dublin, Paris, London, and Zurich.
V3locity is Vitech’s cloud-based administration, engagement, and analytics platform. It is a transformative suite of complementary applications that offer full life cycle business functionality and robust enterprise capabilities. It marries core administration with a revolutionary digital experience. Its modular design enables flexible, agile deployment strategies.
V3locity employs an advanced, cloud-native architecture that leverages the unique capabilities of AWS to deliver a solution with unparalleled security, scalability, and resiliency.
The Test Lead will work with a multi-faceted team, enhancing system configurations, improve business processes, and ensure overall functional effectiveness of our proprietary V3locity software. As a liaison between our clients and the development teams, we are looking for individuals with the ability to ensure consistency and accuracy for design solutions that meet client business needs. You will have a variety of interactions—gathering requirements, drafting test specifications, and detailed test cases, handling implementation issues and, capturing quality metrics and reporting overall status, and providing onsite support to the customer.
This is a role with high internal executive and external client visibility, with tremendous growth potential, working on a multi-year multi-phase project.
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with all clients as measured by their confidence that Vitech can and will deliver a quality business solution.
- Responsible for the analysis of the business scenarios and documenting the detailed test cases across one or more client accounts.
- On-site client visits will be required for conducting initial foundational analysis and production of requirements documents, functional specification documents, testing, training, and project work.
- Responsible for collection of various client documents; for weekly review and overall management of reported issues, test case development and execution progress
- Effectively communicate functional requirements to development team; follow-up to drive issues through the SDLC process
- Responsible for coordination, testing and deployment of client application releases.
- Responsible for tactical aspects of testing as well as accountable for Planning and Strategy
- Work with Developers & Business Analysts to address/coordinate solution fixes, prepare test plans and execute test scripts.
- Work with oversees QA team through local coordinators to build a reusable repeatable set of automated tests based on client inputs.
- Serve as liaison between development staff and user community during development, testing and implementation stages as well as for on-going modifications; on- site support for system cutover.
- Assist Senior QA Managers and Project Managers in managing scope and quality assurance commitments within all project milestones
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance Testing and Customer Support
- Ability to interface with client project staff and managers
- A critical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dexterity with use cases and requirements management tools
- Solid understanding of relational databases
- Technical know-how of JIRA software and exposure to Insurance Systems are a plus
- Experience with Agile methodology is a plus
- Ability to interact and manage team members across locations in a virtual setting
- BA/BS degree in a Computer Science, Business or a related field
- 25-30% travel may be involved when safe
Vitech is an equal opportunity Employer (EOE), Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity and any other protected status under federal, state, or local law. Vitech strongly supports diversity in the workplace.