NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
WOMEN AND CHILDREN'S HEALTHCARE
REGULAR PART TIME
DAYS/NIGHTS/WEEKENDS SCHEDULE; 8 & 12 hours shifts (subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH AJAX/PICKERING
$33.56 - $48.05 per hour
ONA - 20000001160
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To use nursing process in providing family-centered patient care. To collaborate as a member of the multidisciplinary Health Care Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism as per the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario. To perform other related duties as assigned supporting care in the Women's and Children's Program. Cross-training to Paediatrics required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
- Current BLS and NRP required;
- Successful completion of the Level III NICU course required;
- 3-5 years' experience in providing direct patient care in a Level II or Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit including; neonatal ventilation, central line management, PIV insertion and collection of capillary and venous bloodwork;
- Proficient in breastfeeding support and developmental care concepts;
- B.Sc.N, preferred;
- Current PALS, preferred;
- Evidence of post RN Paediatric nursing courses, preferred;
- Able to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving and teaching skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
- Demonstrated ability to assume a leadership/supervisory role;
- Sound judgement, excellent observation and patient assessment skills, tact and empathy;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.