Our growing Winnipeg team is seeking a Business Analyst to act as a liaison among stakeholder groups, with the purpose of understanding the structure, polices, and operations of a client organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the client to achieve their goals. You will have the opportunity to work on different assignments to build your business consulting skills and expertise, as well as your consulting skills. You are a team player who has a desire to learn and grow in their career and help others do the same.
Critical Competencies for Success:
Critical thinking, communication skills, collaboration skills, strong work ethic, initiative, sense of humor
What you'll do:
What we'd like:
- Collect, document, and analyze workflows, as well as develop business process models in collaboration with multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- Facilitate process design sessions to produce detailed process flows and associated documentation.
- Interview system stakeholders and record results, requirements, and recommendations.
- Document current and future state business processes, define and document functional requirements, and conduct information flow analysis and process modeling within and across all disciplines and administrative components.
- Analyze process gaps and information flow obstacles or system issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Align business processes.
- Define user needs and business requirements for applications and systems.
- Translate business needs into high-level technical requirements and solutions.
- Prepare and present related material to project teams, steering committees, and/or stakeholder organizations.
- Analyze information to establish recommendations for improvements in system effectiveness and efficiency.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in formal methods for business analysis requirements gathering, modeling, and diagramming.
- Broad industry experience in Business Process Re-engineering, including business area analysis, process mapping, and business process re-engineering.
- Understanding and experience with different software development methodologies, including SCRUM/Agile.
- Previous experience in insurance or financial services considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Information Management or Information Technology (or equivalent) with industry experience. (or)
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline. (or)
- Completion of a college program in computer science.
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Caring & Empathy: We look out for each other.
- Passion: We are energized by what we do.
- Integrity: We do what's right.
- Forward Thinking: We are always evolving.
- Commitment and Perseverance: We finish what we start.
What you can expect from us
- A fantastic work environment. Check us out on glassdoor.com ( http://www.glassdoor.com/ ).
- Social events, staff meetings, and active Slack channels to keep you connected and collaborating with other Onliners.
- A professional development program that is second to none. Every Onliner has an annual budget plus time (outside of allotted vacation) that they are expected to put toward courses, conferences, exams, etc.
- The consultant's life – fast-paced and challenging with exposure to a variety of industries and technologies.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and work life balance.
- Opportunity to work with Career Mentors who assist with career planning and professional development.
- An office on Bannatyne Avenue in the Exchange District to come home to when you’re not on a client site. We’re located just steps from the river and a beautiful walking path, as well as from a bus stop. We provide a small on-site gym and locked bike storage, and our kitchen is always stocked with free coffee and fruit and an assortment of snacks for those 2:00 sugar cravings.
Online was founded in 1986, and our founder, Chuck Loewen, is still President and CEO today. Chuck has always believed in treating our employees (we call ourselves Onliners) and our clients as guests in his home, and this philosophy permeates our company. We place great emphasis on our culture, always striving to be a great place to work and a great place for our clients to work with. We look for ways every day to be better than we were the day before, and we are proud to have made the “Best Workplaces in Canada” list for the past 11 consecutive years. There are no signs of slowing down as we look to build new practices and create new opportunities for Onliners.
About our Business Consulting practice:
Our Business Consulting practice is all about bringing clients results and helping them build for the future. Whether it’s business transformation, organizational change management, solution selection and implementation, project management, or quality assurance, our team combines proprietary methodologies with industry best practices to deliver the solutions our clients need.