Job title :
VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization this position performs receptionist and administrative support functions such as e-staffing, timekeeping, staff replacement, telephone answering, computer data entry/retrieval, and maintaining records.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains timekeeping records for staff by faxing/receiving daily flow sheets to/from the Staffing Services Office; reviews flow sheets for accuracy and refers problems to Manager/Supervisor.
2. Receives and processes authorized requests such as vacation, leave of absence, e-staffing change notices, postings and on-staffs. Advises manager/supervisor of issues such as extended employee unavailability.
3. Posts updated schedules and reviews by-weekly reports for accuracy. Contacts staffing/payroll if adjustments are needed; reports problems to Manager/Supervisor.
4. Answers telephones, responding to routine inquiries, re-directing calls and/or taking messages; receives visitors and directs to appropriate areas.
5. Performs administrative support functions for the Manager/Supervisor and other department staff as assigned such as typing correspondence and reports, photocopying, sorting and filing material, etc.
6. Schedules meetings, prepares agendas, records, types and circulates minutes and other materials as required.
7. Maintains records such as supply and equipment inventories, departmental operating statistics, residents’ menus, etc. Completes requisitions for supplies in accordance with established procedures.
8. Responds to questions from Staffing Services relating to filling temporary staffing requirements; discusses with Manager/Supervisor as required.
9. Maintains records on relief staff such as names, addresses, phone numbers, availability for work, work areas and hours worked, leave requests and Disaster Plan Telephone Fan-out.
10. Sets up and maintains filing systems for material such as correspondence, personnel records, equipment and supply records.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team! Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, plus two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 55 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);