Clio is seeking a Development Manager to develop, manage and lead a highly-aligned, independent development team. Your work will contribute to the long-term evolution of mobile products at Clio and support other development teams to quickly deliver and iterate on mobile features. We're building a team of A-player individuals that efficiently and consistently execute on delivering long-term customer value.
Through active promotion and demonstration of Clio's values, you will build a culture of leadership and high performance. You'll coach team members that are self-driven and consistently push themselves to grow. Along the way - you will be supported by a world-class people operation team supporting new and experienced managers. ( https://labs.clio.com/charting-the-path-to-becoming-a-first-time-manager-7c8680ef41bd )
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform ( https://www.clio.com/suite ), our legal client relationship management (CRM), ( https://www.clio.com/grow/ ) our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report ( http://clio.com/resources/legal-trends/ ) or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference ( http://cliocloudconference.com/ ), Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers' lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX's Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies ( https://techvibes.com/2017/09/07/the-20-most-innovative-tech-companies-in-canada ), one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers ( https://www.clio.com/pressrelease/clio-recognized-as-one-of-canadas-top-small-medium-employers/ ) for three years in a row ( https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-clio ), and has one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures ( https://www.clio.com/pressrelease/clio-recognized-admired-corporate-culture-canada/ ). Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year ( http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/technology-impact-awards-2018 ) and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies ( https://www2.deloitte.com/ca/en/pages/canadas-best-managed-companies/articles/best-managed-winners-2019.html ) in 2019.
You should have:
- Contribute to, and have a deep understanding, of the codebase and mobile space;
- Our applications are built using React Native, you will need to be comfortable navigating or learning this technology;
- Coach, manage, and develop a team of A-player developers and tech leads;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions;
- Plan and implement team KPIs to track and measure project delivery;
- Elevate and educate our product development process within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of "No doors, only windows" and "Live a learning mindset";
- Partner with Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop and execute on Clio's product road map.
Bonus if you have:
- A background in hands-on software development, specifically with building web/mobile applications at scale;
- A demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects).
- A philosophy on how mobile products are different and what makes them successful;
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you're looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives ( http://clio.com/customers ). This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.