Walker Industries is a dynamic and diversified, 5th generation, family owned Canadian company. Based in Niagara with facilities across Canada and the United States, the company employs more than 900 people in the areas of aggregates, construction, emulsions, waste & recovery management, renewable energy and organics processing. Walker Industries has a strong reputation for integrity and innovation while being dedicated to the communities and environment in which they operate, as well as the safety of all employees.
The Brand Manager Marketing role is new to Walker. As the company continues to grow and diversify, the successful candidate will work closely with the VP of Marketing to help define, establish, and integrate the role of marketing within the company and will work on their own assigned divisional area.
With responsibility for setting brand strategy in partnership with the VP of Marketing and divisional stakeholders, the candidate will develop and execute annual marketing plans inclusive of advertising, promotion, and digital programs across a variety of target groups. The Brand Manager will establish meaningful metrics to ensure the value of all marketing initiatives in support of achieving defined business objectives.
The successful candidate will have proven marketing experience having worked in brand management for at least five (5) years and at the brand manager level for a minimum of two (2) years. They will have strong analytical skills to derive valuable insights as the foundation for developing effective marketing programs. Given the newness of the role, it is essential that the candidate is a strong communicator who has an ability to move projects forward in both a diplomatic yet effective style. Superior project management and budgeting skills are also essential.
Walker is a values-driven company, therefore it is critical that the successful candidate is a team player, who respects and mirrors Walker Values.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Brand Manager will be able to juggle a variety of marketing responsibilities, specifically:
- Determines brand building and support strategies, managing the development and execution of all marketing elements;
- Develops and manages the annual marketing budget for the assigned brand portfolio, executing all programs within agreed upon timelines;
- Communicates brand activity to internal and external stakeholders;
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on market trends, competitive activity and marketing program effectiveness;
- Manages all digital and social platforms, ensuring brand alignment and program effectiveness;
- Acts as project lead for all brand development/innovation initiatives, working across functional groups;
- Develops and manages specials events, conferences and trade shows;
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of all target groups with experience in proprietary research, syndicated data and collection of competitive intelligence.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and critical thinking in conjunction with a diplomatic style, required to work effectively with colleagues in everyday working relationships.
Specific qualifications include:
How to Apply:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business with specialization in Marketing;
- Minimum five (5) years marketing experience, with at least two (2) years in a brand manager position;
- Demonstrated project management experience and an ability to work collaboratively across functional groups;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to work with financial, sales, and consumer insight data;
- Able to work with limited supervision and take the initiative to identify and manage priorities as needed to execute marketing programs;
- Flexible and adaptable style to work with diverse priorities and timelines.
Our online application allows you to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application assesses qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences and takes roughly 10 minutes to complete. You can read your own assessment report by logging back into the application tool. Applications with completed assessments will receive priority attention.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us by clicking the “Need Help” button in the application.