Job Duties and Tasks
· Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
· Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
· Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
· Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
· Cut pipes to required lengths.
· Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools.
· Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools.
· Install and repair sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems.
· Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisors.
· Install and use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels.
· Operate mechanized equipment such as pickup trucks, rollers, tandem dump trucks, front-end loaders, and backhoes.
$18.00 - $20.00/hour depending in experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Reference ID: Pipe
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour