Job Description – Project Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
PV Labs is engaged in the design, development, and delivery of high-technology products and services for application in the industrial, government, entertainment, and resource sectors.
As a member of our Program Management Office, you will be responsible for the execution of all activities required to deliver assigned projects and assist in the capture of new business. Highly engaged, you will direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
At PV Labs, Project Managers are an important part of the program management organization with the main objective to complete negotiation of program, commercial and technical requirements to achieve seamless delivery of program foundations, achieve business growth through identification, capture and finalizing new business opportunities.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Functional (Direct Reporting):
VP Program Management
Matrix (Indirect Reporting):
The function / role of the project manager within the company is to support and enable business and organizational objectives as well as strategies by ensuring timely, effective, and efficient execution of contracted/approved orders through the application of best practice project management processes and techniques. Successful execution of the role within the PV Labs matrix structure includes the communication, and translation of booked / contracted orders into well-defined deliverables / tasks. It also requires effective reporting and analysis of scope, cost, schedule and risks to the organization and customers.
The Project Manager has a high level of authority, responsibly, and accountability as it applies to the areas of expertise defined in the provided job description.
The expectations for you as a Project Manager and teammate include but are not limited to the following:
- To be an expert in your craft; endeavour to identify and improve yourself, your teammates, and the company through training and mentorship for areas that you see as weak within the organization
- To be personally accountable for the state of all project schedules, costs and delivery timelines and work tirelessly to identify methods for improving schedules and deliveries with engineering and operations
- To strive for excellence with, and to be a champion of the industry best practice tools.
- To develop internal best practices and department standards and ensure they're being enforced.
- To consistently recommend ideas for continuous improvement
- To support company continuous improvement projects.
This function will include the following specific responsibilities:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverable that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary. Where required, negotiate with department managers and other Project Managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of project documents, including charters, status reports, risk assessments, change and resource requests
- Manage the activities, personnel, and budget of assigned Projects by liaising with Engineering Supply Chain and Operations.
- Set, approve, communicate and manage organizational priorities within the Project.
- Monitor, maintain and regularly report upon technical, contractual, financial and schedule status, risks and issues.
- Lead project teams, providing motivation, focus, and guidance as necessary.
- Work closely with the program manager to meet the milestone deliveries and mitigation of potential risks;
- High technical confidence to analyze and communicate critical decisions to support the program plan
- Assisting program leadership with emerging tasks critical to achieving program business objectives.
- Support bidding and sales activities as defined and requested by business development
- Support the company in the development and application of industry best practices in the areas of project management.
- Assume secondary responsibilities in other functional areas as may be periodically be assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in coordinating various functional groups
- 3-5 years working within multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Minimum 2-3 years of direct project management experience
- Project Management Institute accreditation or a desire to achieve this accreditation
- Knowledge of PMI core principles is essential
- Understanding and knowledge of the Agile Development Process is an asset
- Strong initiative and Autonomy
- Strong management and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Familiarity with Aerospace and Defense industry customer base
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technical College Diploma combined with exceptional experience
- Eligible to meet the Controlled Goods Program requirements and be able to hold a Canadian Security Clearance
- Eligible to work on NATO Secret Projects
- Ability to travel internationally as required (< 10%)
Job Type: Full-time