For almost 50 years, WITRON Group has been enabling customers to achieve their goals of operating efﬁcient, effective, precise, and safe automation solutions for their intralogistics business needs. From designing, to building, and installing custom advanced automated inventory management systems to providing complete dock-to-dock warehouse operational and management service teams, WITRON is the fully integrated distribution center solution for its customers. Join our growing and dynamic Team!
Based in Laval, Québec, the Construction Health & Safety Coordinator, a newly created role, will be responsible for ensuring compliance with WITRON’s vision for Health and Safety. Reporting to the National Health and Safety Manager, Canada but also working closely with the North American Health and Safety Manager, the position will be responsible for ensuring that all construction sites and Witron projects across Canada are complying with all local, provincial and federal regulations as well as with all Witron Health and Safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, provincial and local regulations and standards involving safety, industrial hygiene and general workplace and fire safety
- Demonstrate leadership in health and safety on all Canadian projects and construction sites
- Represents the Company to various governmental agencies, compliance officers, commissions, construction unions, etc.
- Actively promote a healthy workplace that is free from workplace violence and harassment
- Facilitate and be active in construction site safety meetings
- Ensure site committees fulfill their legal obligations
- Coordinates training programs locally, regionally and on-line in the areas of Health & Safety Orientation, WCB, Hazardous Materials Safety, train the trainer, fire protection, and all related Health & Safety training for all employees.
- Conduct site audits and develop reports on Health & Safety performance and tactical and strategic improvement planning
- Work directly with facility and construction site managers to implement and maintain health and safety procedures with respect to installation of the automation equipment and racking
- Working closely with mechanical and electrical trades who install automation equipment and racking
- Monitor, review and report monthly health and safety performance indicators/measures
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Company.
- Canadian Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Acts and Regulations, with specific knowledge of Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia norms
- Fully bilingual (French and English), both written and oral
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a 3 year Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety, 4 year degree preferred
- Current standing as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or the ability of attaining the designation within the first year of hire
- Health and Safety Certification in Quebec (CNESST)
- National Construction Safety Officer Certification, (NCSO) an asset
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations, an asset
Skills required: Organization Skills, People Skills, Confidentiality, Interrogation Skills, Detailed Oriented, Problem Solving Skills, Customer Oriented, Process Oriented, Facilitator skills, MSPowerPoint, MSExcel, MSWord, Email
- 3-5 years’ experience on large construction sites in Quebec and Ontario
- Large construction site experience in British Columbia, an asset
- 5+ years of Health and Safety work experience in the construction industry
- 3+ years experience dealing with construction unions in Québec and Ontario
- Experience dealing with construction union in British Columbia, an asset
- Strong background in and knowledge of federal, provincial, and municipal H&S requirements and industry standards/best practices (i.e. acts, regulations, codes, standards, and case law)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact and influence effectively with all construction workers and unions
- Ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement programs designed to effectively change behavior and prevent injury
- Ability to analyze and independently resolve a variety of difficult situations and problems using timely decision making
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally to various locations for training and exposure to Witron’s international construction sites
- Based in Laval, Québec with the ability to travel and spend time on Canadian construction sites
- Experience in large scale installations in the US an asset
- Valid driver’s license and passport with ability to travel internationally
- Stability – WITRON offers competitive wage and excellent benefit package which includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD plans along with a company-sponsored retirement plan with matching contributions and a profit sharing program.
- Work/Life Balance – Employees have access to a generous paid time off policy, including special leave days related to certain life events.
- Growth Potential – As part of WITRON’s commitment to promoting from within, individual developmental opportunities are made available through comprehensive on the job training and a tuition reimbursement program.
- A Place You Want to Work – WITRON’s corporate philosophy is characterized by an open door policy, an environment of trust and empowerment, and a sincere appreciation shown to all colleagues.
WITRON is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ALL-INCLISIVE. EMPLOYEE MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED TO MEET THE ONGOING NEEDS OF THE BUSINESS
We thank all interested candidates however only those under consideration will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Ontario Construction Union: 1 year (Preferred)
- BC Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quebec Construction Union: 1 year (Required)
- Ontario Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quebec Construction: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)