INTERN - MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING (PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, MANITOBA) (JOB ID: 8106)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Maintenance Engineering Intern position available at our facility in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. Portage La Prairie offers friendly small-town atmosphere and nearby urban resources.
What's in it for you?
This position assists the Maintenance Engineering Department with responsibilities as assigned. The position is a full-time, summer-long internship during the Summer break.
What you will do?
The intern will work with the maintenance and engineering teams at the Portage la Prairie plant.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
What you already have:
- Assists in data analysis of projects.
- Assists as needed on projects and tasks that related to the engineering and maintenance team at the Portage la Prairie plant.
- Participates in projects as required.
- Must be currently enrolled in college/university and preferably pursuing a degree in operations, engineering, or technology.
- A GPA of at least 3.3 is preferred
- This position will require shift flexibility and nights/weekends might be required.
- Must have average or above skills in excel, data analysis, and word and have an active interest in manufacturing and factory work.
- Adheres to all standards, policies and systems as appropriate.
Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The position is a full-time, summer-long internship during the Summer break.
HOW TO APPLY
Select Job Search
Select Current Opportunities
Select All Open Positions
Apply to Job ID# 8106
For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our JRS Talent and Culture department for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**