JOB POSTING – French Speaking RSTP Trainer (Based in Fredericton, NB)
(September 2019 to March 31, 2020)
The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) (www.rstp.ca) provides nation-wide services to address the training, information and support needs of groups involved in the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) and Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) programs.
Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is seeking a French-speaking RSTP Trainer who will be able to deliver services primarily in French in New Brunswick.
The RSTP Trainer will work as part of the RSTP team and implement the RSTP training and information sharing initiatives and assist refugee sponsors, including Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs), Groups of Five and Community Sponsors.
Work in cooperation with the RSTP Director, Manager and other team members to develop and deliver training in French to sponsors involved in the PSR and BVOR programs.
Develop specific French training modules for training workshops addressing basic and advanced training needs and interests.
Host, organize and deliver a set number of workshops and webinars in French by identifying topics and speakers, promoting and moderating sessions.
Assist Francophone refugee sponsors (SAHs, Groups of Five and Community Sponsors) so they are able to submit successful PSR and BVOR application packages.
Provide assistance in French to refugee sponsors (SAHs, Groups of Five and Community Sponsors) and newcomers in managing post-arrival issues, including managing expectations, secondary migration, disagreements, disputes and the “echo effect”.
Develop connections and partnerships with Francophone service providers, settlement agencies, communities and institutions so they are able to participate in refugee sponsorship and support newcomers referred to them.
Outreach and training on the BVOR program to potential sponsors in the Francophone community.
Share information and respond to enquires in French language via various media with SAHs, Groups of Five, Community Sponsors and others interested in sponsoring refugees.
Update existing RSTP materials and work with others to develop and distribute new materials in user-friendly formats in French.
Contribute to the development of French written materials for posting on the RSTP website.
Continuously monitor, analyze and interpret policy or operational changes affecting the PSR and BVOR programs and incorporate them in training and information sharing activities.
Liaison with IRCC, UNHCR and IOM and representatives of the sponsorship community and other partners to gather and share information as well organize training sessions.
Assist in preparing regular internal and external reports detailing project activities and progress on deliverables by the required deadlines.
Administrative responsibilities as required.
- The minimum level of education required is a Community College Diploma in Social Services or related fields or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Experience in refugee sponsorship or working in the area of refugee protection and or resettlement of refugees.
- Experience with and knowledge of global refugee migration system, Canada’s immigration, resettlement and refugee protection policies, and the PSR and BVOR programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French is mandatory with the ability to deliver service (both written and oral) in French. Additional languages are an asset.
- Highly developed skills in preparing and presenting training sessions and supporting materials
- Proven experience in research and analysis of information and presentation in clear and concise language
- Experience in the development of curriculum and materials and delivery of adult education programs to diverse groups and in multiple formats
- Experience with delivering training and network supports in a web-based environment
- Experience in maintaining a website, writing for a website and use of social medial for training and information sharing
- Knowledge or experience in the development of training/informational video is an asset.
- Proven skill in working productively with people with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel within Canada and work weekends and evenings as required.
Location: Fredericton, NB, with requirement to travel within Canada
Reports to: RSTP Manager
Salary: $51,000 – $53,000 per annum (pro-rated)
Hours of work: 35 per week, including evenings, weekends and occasional overtime as required.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter quoting file # NB302 in the subject line no later than 30-August-2019.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time