Job Title: Customer Service Coordinator
FTE: Full Time
Reports to: Grain Facility Manager
Ceres Global is a grain origination and trading company operating terminals in North America. Ceres is also a logistics company operating a multiproduct Logistics platform at Northgate Sk. All Ceres employees are committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Under the guidance of the Grain Facility Manager, the ideal candidate will work closely with the sales, administrative and plant operation teams to provide a positive customer experience to our farm customers. Collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders is a key component of this role. This individual is responsible for executing the inbound logistics from our farm customers and working collaboratively with the other functions in the business to effectively execute grain shipping programs to meet the needs of end use customers. This role is key to farm account management at the location and strong communication skills are a must as the role works closely with both farm customers and internal stakeholders. This role is also critical in managing financial controls at the location.
- Contract review and maintenance with Sales team
- Collaborate with sales, merchandising and operations teams to coordinate logistics for inbound product from farm customers while meeting end use customer needs
- Responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience through their ongoing work with farm customers
- Utilization of CRM tools to effectively manage grain quality and coordination of delivery
- Work closely with farm customers and provide information around contract terms and execution. This includes working through contract cancellations, amendments and obtaining contract signatures
- Work collaboratively with the sales team and provide information and reports required
- Facilitation of customer account management as well as general administrative responsibilities.
- Grain contract management activities including contract signatures, settlement and banking instructions
- Enter grain contracts
- Utilize CRM tools to effectively capture and communicate relevant customer information
- Complete CTPAT enrollment and database management for farm customers
Education and/or Experience
Strong Excel computer experience is required. Experience in Office Administration and grain business is a great asset but not a requirement as training will be provided. Wage will be based on experience in Administration, grain and other products knowledge.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
Must be 18 years of age.
Class 5 drivers licence
Ability to read and comprehend instructions in, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to prepare letters, memos, presentation materials, correspondence, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment criminal background, personal security, drug, employment, education checks and driver’s abstract.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent