17 Oct 2019
Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO), a proud partner with KF Aerospace Defence Programs, provides Support Services to our client, the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). We're looking for a talented, professional Finance Advisor to join our Southport, MB team, just outside of Winnipeg, MB.
Reporting to the Manager of Support Services, this enriching position will require you to provide support to all Department Managers for financial matters relating to the Contracted Flying Training and Support (CFTS) contract and CBO operations.
Essential job functions
- Responsible for all accounting functions including A/P, A/R, payroll, financial statements and assignment of resources to accomplish finance and accounting functions for Support Services
- Ensure compliance with CFTS contractual requirements
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reporting
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly posted to financial accounting records, ledgers and files
- Assign work and provide direction to the Finance support staff
- Orient, train and monitor performance of staff in concert with semi-annual performance evaluations
- Maintain cost and inventory analysis
- Process employee expenses
- Conducts cost accounting for contract amendments
- Develop and maintain strong and positive working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Protect operations by keeping financial and personnel information confidential
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Training
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in accounting and pursuing a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 3-5 years of related experience in accounting or finance field
- Demonstrated leadership, including supervisory experience and training
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicates clearly and professionally
- Analyze problems, identify and implement solutions
- Self-motivated, reliable and trustworthy. Strong emphasis on confidentiality
- Solid Microsoft Office abilities
- JD Edwards experience considered an asset
- Prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Must already hold an Enhanced Reliability Clearance or be eligible to obtain one by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS).
Submit your cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications stated above. All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. However, failure to submit a cover letter and resume may result in the automatic rejection of your application. ALL INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST NOTIFY THEIR SUPERVISOR OF THEIR INTEREST AND INTENT TO APPLY. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBO welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.