Carter Brothers Ltd. is a medium sized company located throughout New Brunswick. We are a leading contractor in the communications line construction industry, providing services for a variety of clients. We are currently looking for a motivated cable lineman to join our Moncton team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate vehicle-mounted aerial device (bucket truck).
- Operate cable lashers and other line equipment.
- Load and unload equipment and cable trailers.
- Install Coaxial, copper and fibre cables aerial and underground.
- Reporting back to management on status of work assignments.
- Completing daily paperwork (tailgates, timesheets, chainage sheets, etc.).
Knowledge and Skills
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work construction in a physically demanding atmosphere including but not limited to:
- Carry, raise and climb a ladder
- Carry, lift and handle heavy equipment
- Climb and work aloft from wooden utility poles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks.
- Previous experience working in physically demanding jobs.
- Must be willing able to work aloft including climbing poles.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license with air brakes.
- Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools including gas operated drills and chainsaws.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and emergency call outs as required.
- The successful candidate will be required to take a criminal record check.
- Those with related experience will be considered.
- Technical training or lineman training/certificate considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates with cable linemen experience in the communications field.
What carter Brothers Offers
- Competitive wages (based on experience and capabilities)
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance.
How to apply
All candidates interested in the position can submit a resume by responding to the ad or via fax to 506-384-8560.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
We look forward to reviewing all applications however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Lineman: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- Air Brake Endorsement (Preferred)