August (alwaysaugust.co)is a Toronto-based boutique digital studio that's obsessed with creative design, technology, and how the two can intersect to create amazing results. August is about people. Our partners, our clients and our team make up the foundation of our culture. We value personal accountability, encourage open and critical thinking and embrace diversity.
We help clients across industries adapt and excel in the digital era by offering innovative solutions to user experience challenges across web, mobile, and emerging platforms. Our clients and project range in scope, industry and size but our commitment to deliver digital solutions to address our customers' needs is constant.
Whether it's building a dApp to solve identity verification on a blockchain system or developing a platform to connect patients and doctors around the world, our multidisciplinary team strives to tackle any challenge thrown at us.
August is hiring a Full-Stack Developer to join our growing team. As an integral part of the technical team, S/He will collaborate with a small team of developers and designers, along with the support and direction of the Technical Lead and Project Manager to build great products for our clients.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Design overall architecture of web applications.
- Handle responsive design, accessibility and mobile requirements, leveraging best practices and modern frameworks.
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/integration tests to drive up code coverage, automation metrics, security and data protection
- Interact with business partners, teammates, internal users and external users regarding cost estimations, timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure support both pre- and post-production
- Utilize disciplined coding practices and concepts to enable agility and delivery of high-quality code that is maintainable and reusable
- Update progress daily through Project Management tracking tool (ex. Jira) or Kanban/Agile board.
- Design and develop APIs and SDKs for our services or products
- Previous experience (3+ years) in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly experienced (3+ years) with at least one back-end programming language (PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, NodeJS, etc)
- Development experience for both mobile, desktop and responsive web
- Knowledge of GIit code versioning
- Engagement and exposure to the full software development life cycle
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Please provide a link to your portfolio
Job Type: Full-time
- ReactJS: 3 years (Required)
- NodeJs: 3 years (Required)
- HTML/CSS: 3 years (Required)
- PHP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Java: 3 years (Required)
- Python: 3 years (Required)
- AngularJS: 3 years (Required)