Senior Technical Specialist, Cloud Engineer
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate professional for a Cloud Engineering position with extensive experience with AWS and Azure cloud services.
Required Core Skills:
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles, Infrastructure as a code
- Demonstrated hands-on experiencing in designing and configuring secure and scalable cloud platforms on AWS and Azure: Account structure, security and compliance audit, connectivity, shared services etc.
- In Depth knowledge of cloud services: Application integration, functions, Cloud Databases, data warehouse and analytics, Machine Learning, Developer Tools, Security and identity management
- Strong programming skill with experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Node.js, Ruby, PowerShell and Shell Scripting languages.
- Experience with implementing and using of CI/CD Systems.
- Experience in AWS and AZURE IAM policy preparation for cloud Security
- Proficiency in cloud automation using Ansible, AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Cloud formation, terraform, ARM to enable Infrastructure as a Code.
- Hands-on experience with system configuration and Devops tools preferably Ansible, Bitbucket, Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Operating Systems including OpenStack, OpenShift and VSphere
- Experience with setup and management of a software driven network, storage and compute and proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment.
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes
Working in a close knit technical team, the role will:
- Assist with the design and implementation of an enterprise Hybrid Cloud capability; configuration of foundational AWS and Azure cloud services, and continuously assessment and integration of emerging cloud features.
- Develop APIs and Webhooks for multi-directional integration of cloud orchestration platform with enterprise system management and DevOps Tools and cloud platforms.
- Lead the assessment of advanced cloud services and assist in their integration to the enterprise hybrid cloud service offering and application migration.
- Develop and maintain secure application deployment patterns on the cloud; review application solution designs for cloud-fit and optimality; and automate deployment patterns for reusability.
- Work closely with line of business (LOB) developers to collaborate on the design and deployment of proof-of-concept and pilot business use cases and to be the cloud technical lead.
- Assist LOBs to architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Consult and provide technical guidance to LOBs to refactor their application for the cloud using the 12-factor development practices for cloud native and microservices oriented application deployment.
- Manage the enterprise cloud sandbox environment usage and ensure best practices in its usage.
- Coordinate with Enterprise teams to identify and develop Cloud Management tools and practices and automate cloud operations and compliance tasks.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions adhere to enterprise cloud security and compliance controls
- Assist in documentation of the architecture and solution design of cloud platforms, cloud practices, connectivity and deployment patterns.
- Contribute to implementation of a software defined datacenter for in-house cloud capabilities
- Work in close collaboration with Engineering, DevOps and CIO teams to develop Service Catalogues to continuously enhance the capability, security and user experience of the enterprise Hybrid cloud Platform.
Your skills are broad
- Strong Interpersonal, communication and leadership Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research, analytics and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Able to work under tight timeline and deliver on complex problems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and nights) as needed.
- A strong team player
Job Types: Full-time, Contract