Reporting to the District Manager of the region, this position is responsible for bringing new restaurants onto our dining network through a consultative sales approach. As an Account Executive, we are the first point of contact that a restaurant has with OpenTable. Because our Account Executives are so in tune with their local markets, OpenTable relies on this team to provide feedback to our Marketing and Product teams. Therefore, those succeeding in this role will be involved with reciprocal, company-wide strategies on how to grow our business.
OpenTable's Account Executive team is dedicated to improving restaurants' revenue potential by utilizing best in brand front-of-house management and online reservation technology. We are looking for sales professionals who are passionate about the restaurant industry and want to feel good about the products they sell. We work in a high-adrenaline, client-facing sales role requiring deep industry expertise, tried sales ability with a particular penchant for closing deals, and a broad base of industry contacts.
We sell our core products to restaurateurs whose businesses are not on the OpenTable network. You will be joining a team solely focused on identifying and closing new business within a named territory. You understand and anticipate how decisions are made, and you will persistently explore and uncover the business needs of your key clients. The Account Executive will act as a business leader, handle and own their book of business/territory, run business meetings with restaurant owners and operators, and complete sales cycles based on varying needs. You will also work closely with your local Restaurant Relations Manager who handles customer relationships. Together as a team, you will lead the success of your entire market.
- Target, identify, and sell OpenTable products to restaurants
- Nurture and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to your market's client base
- Drive revenue by connecting with restaurateurs and building opportunities that will make all parties more successful
- Present customized in-person and on-line demos of OpenTable products
- Educate operators about trends in the industry and offer rare insight
- Support customers to think differently about their business
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and build reliable forecasts
- Strategically overcome objections and competition
- Generate business plans to define your selling strategies and tactics
- Consistently over achieve monthly and quarterly acquisition and revenue targets
- Bring to bear your skills and your customers' experience to continually evolve the sales process and our product for enabling it
- Listen to the needs of the market and share with the Product and Marketing teams
- Utilize Salesforce.com to run your territory, stay organized, forecast sales activity, and process contracts
- Understand and adapt to ongoing product and technology developments.
- Anticipate 30-50% travel depending on the local market
- Ambitious, tenacious and results driven
- Proactive and able to perform well under pressure and against ambitious goals and deadlines
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities
- Knowledgeable about restaurants and is able to demonstrate this to talk about customer issues from multiple dimensions
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Extraordinary ability to drive business value during sales engagements
- Highly analytical with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform decision-making and persuade others
- Capable of developing compelling strategies that deliver results.
- Restaurant management and/or sales experience highly preferred
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities. Expect 20-35% admin
- Strong PC skills and overall technically savvy
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently
- Fluency in both French and English required
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:
BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 128 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 52,000 restaurants.
Since its inception, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners via online reservations, and seats more than 29 million diners via online reservations each month. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- One Medical, Urban Sitter, and Milk Stork perks covered by OpenTable
- Annual flu shots and biometric screenings
- Universal Parental leave
- Flexible work life balance
- Regular team events/excursions
#IND - RSS
#LI - BB1