Edison Properties, has an immediate opening for a permanent, full time Hospitality Manager in our Fort Garry complex. This position is responsible for the overall management of the hospitality function within Edison Properties, including rental operations of the Hospitality Suites at Fort Garry Place, Furnished Suites at Ruth Gardens and will be involved in future additional properties. They are responsible for the overall guest experience while ensuring operations are run smoothly, meeting sales goals and customer experience objectives.
- Management of hospitality Suites including guest experience, budgets, vacancies and working with maintenance to ensure building standards are achieved
- Reporting of revenue, vacancies, in/out reports, maintenance reports as required
- Provides day to day leadership to staff of three including hiring, training, coaching and mentorship, as they build and maintain a high-performance team while demonstrating the values of the organization
- Develops and maintains business relationships to maximize revenue opportunities
- Orders supplies as needed to support the operations
- Responsible for scheduling of staff to ensure excellent customer service is maintained
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate effective leadership and organizational skills along with the ability to build collaborative relationships to manage customer expectations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hotel industry preferred including managing of staff, budgets and sales promotions
- Degree or Diploma in hotel/restaurant management would be an asset
- Ability to work flexible shift hours, generally Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday with a mix of day or late day shifts
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to provide clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Computer with the capacity to work with other computer programs and software. Previous experience with roomMaster Booking is an asset.
Please apply with salary expectations and cover letter. We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- hospitality: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Vulnerable Sector Check (Preferred)
- Criminal Record Check (Preferred)