Who We Are
As Canada’s leading first aid and safety charity, St. John Ambulance is dedicated to enabling people’s health, safety and quality of life through training and community service. Building on a 900-year tradition, St. John Ambulance provides first aid, CPR and safety training & products, where proceeds also help fund several charitable community programs, including first aid response services, therapy dog services, youth services (Cadets), Community Transfer Program and disaster response.
St. John Ambulance is looking for a friendly and detail-oriented individual to join our Strategic Partnerships and Fund Development team as the Fundraising Assistant. This position will take on a key role in maintaining donor contact management systems, ensure accurate reporting on fundraising financials, as well as working within the close knit development team on various events and projects. This position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the departmental thank you plan, including planning and activating stewardship activities with the development team, ensuring tax receipting guidelines are met within CRA regulations, and sending correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Create and sending tax receipts and following our donor recognition SOPs
- Ensure accuracy of donor records
- Create weekly departmental reports and coordinate feedback from the department in a proactive manner
- Create, maintain, and update administrative files, documents, critical paths, etc.
- Assist donors with peer to peer fundraising and donating online
- Assist with the development and presentation of data to attain funding
- Participate in community outreach to motivate and steward potential donors
- Assist with event planning including RSVP tracking and other administrative tasks as necessary
- Assist with local Strategic Partnership and Fund Development events including supplies management and duties outside the office as needed
- Assist with fundraising projects as requested
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with research and data mapping ;
- High degree of professionalism when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Independent self-starter capable of managing and prioritizing multiple, time-sensitive projects and priorities;
- Effective planning and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and organizational skills within a team environment to achieve results, while maintaining and building effective internal and external relationships;
- Proficiency with online tools, such as, Microsoft Suite and desktop publishing tools.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary with benefits
- A fantastic team to work with – we work hard, but have fun in the process!
- Our dog friendly office is close to transit and also offers free underground parking
- An opportunity to work in a historic impactful organization that saves people’s lives
- Opportunity to learn, grow and take on additional responsibility
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent