EDMONTON, AB - Be part of the largest Wish Granting organization in Canada! Enjoy a job that is personally rewarding, and help children enjoy their most heartfelt wish. Make-A-Wish® Canada (MAWC) now has a contract fulltime (12 months) opportunity for a Manager Resource Development at their Edmonton Chapter office located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Working in collaboration with the Regional Director, Western Canada, this position is responsible for developing and executing strategies and providing expertise to coordinate all fundraising activities of the chapter including chapter/sub-chapter fundraising initiatives, third party events and the identification of new fund development opportunities. Acting as a representative of the Foundation, this position safeguards the interests of the Foundation, donors, and fundraising event participants by following established fundraising policies.
If you are interested in being part of a growing organization that has a profound impact on the communities across the country, the position of Manager Resource Development may be right for you.
· Works in collaboration with direct supervisor to develop and execute short-term and long-term development goals for the chapter ensuring increased revenue year-over-year.
· Strengthens and expands revenue development opportunities with existing donors through cultivation and implementation of strategies.
· Recruits new corporate donors and develops customized stewardship strategies.
· Ensures all fundraising initiatives and donor cultivation is in keeping with relevant Children’s Wish policies and practices.
· Adheres to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code.
· Collaborates with national and chapter staff as appropriate in fulfilling the mission, strategy and goals of the Foundation.
· Develops and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders (National Office, volunteers, suppliers, sponsors, donors, media, and community liaisons) to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all fundraising initiatives.
· Utilizes strong Raiser’s Edge to input and track donor activities.
· Utilizes high degree of creativity in the development and design of marketing and promotional material including PowerPoint presentations, flyers/brochures, and other material.
· Acts as key ambassador and spokesperson for the Foundation, specifically when communicating with the media, donors and other stakeholders.
· Continuously works to increase awareness of Children’s Wish through all contacts and business interactions through relationships, marketing, and promotion.
· Recruits, engages and retains qualified employees to meet business priorities.
· Provides support and direction in the development, alignment and accomplishment of objectives through on-going performance feedback, recognition and coaching.
· Provides a safe and healthy work environment for team members and relevant stakeholders. Ensures they work in compliance with The Occupational Health & Safety Act in applicable province of employment, its regulations, and the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
· Monitor department adherence to financial policies and controls. Determine expense projections as part of the budgeting and forecasting process. Authorize expenditures within approved guidelines. Monitor expenditures against budget and forecast, and initiates appropriate remedial activity as required.
· Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act in the applicable province of employment and its regulations, and complies with the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Post-secondary education in business or fundraising, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
· CFRE designation or working towards is considered an asset.
· 5-7 years of experience in a fundraising/management role in the not-for-profit or charitable sectors.
· Demonstrated success in fundraising activities, donor relations and relationship management
· Demonstrated ability to effectively forge, manage and maintain long-standing stakeholder relationships
· Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimal supervision
· Ability to lead a team and coach others to achieve common goals
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to exercise sound judgment in relations with a diverse group of volunteers, staff, clients, other agencies and healthcare professionals, suppliers and the general public
· General financial management skills to meet/exceed revenue targets, ability to manage operations within an established budget; knowledge of government receipting requirements
· Knowledge of philanthropy and employer sponsored volunteerism in the corporate giving sector an asset
· Strong MS Office skills (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
· Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle and able to travel
· Primary accountabilities are carried out in the Chapter Office, however, may be routinely required to attend indoor and outdoor events.
· This position requires work outside or beyond traditional office hours and thus requires a flexible schedule year-round.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required to fulfill the responsibilities.
Physical and Mental Effort
· Works under pressure of tight deadlines, with high volume workload, and with multiple demands and changing priorities.
· Demonstrates emotional resiliency to be able to conduct cold-calls and continue to develop donor relations.
If you are excited about this opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations by December 4, 2019 quoting posting details "Manager Resource Development, Posting #IN006” in your subject line. While we look forward to receiving applications from qualified candidates, only those identified through the pre-screening process will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please. Make-A-Wish® Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Make-A-Wish® Canada is an Equal Opportunity employer.
About Make-A-Wish® Canada
Effective October 1, 2019, Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada and Make-A-Wish® Canada are joining forces with the goal of granting the wish of every eligible child across the country. As one organization, our mission will be to provide children with life-threatening illnesses the opportunity to realize their most heartfelt wish, giving them the strength to endure their treatments and build resilience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract