Joining BBA means becoming a member of a tightly knit, highly engaged, client-oriented team. With offices across Canada, we work hard to develop leading-edge expertise and to design reliable, sustainable and innovative solutions every day.
While working in a stimulating and friendly environment, you’ll be given mandates that will encourage you to excel, both at the office and on site. As a result, you’ll acquire a deep understanding of industrial operational realities and be able to advance your career at top speed. You’ll also have opportunities to work closely with colleagues from Vancouver, Toronto, Montréal, Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Labrador City. Your achievements and efforts to help clients in remote areas with their success will be recognized and rewarded.
BBA offers all of this… and much more! By setting down roots in Labrador City, you’ll enjoy a rich social and community life and have access to a host of outdoor activities, like snowmobiling, camping, fishing and water sports.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
We’re waiting for you!
Job Description :
The Québec office will be your home office; however, you will be assigned to the Labrador City office for at least two years. Here are a few conditions you will be offered:
- Return trips during assignment
- Premium for working in a remote location
By joining our team in Labrador City, you will be asked to contribute to the various stages of project execution, from proposals to site supervision and the commissioning of electrical facilities, including participating in analyses of industrial electrical systems, detailed engineering and site surveys. Among other tasks, you will be expected to apply established calculation and design methods when preparing plans, lists of materials, lists of cables, technical specifications and estimates. You will also be expected to lead a team of engineers and technicians, ensure the quality of professional service and maintain positive client relations in the region.
The incumbent will be expected to:
Work Schedule :
- Be responsible for business relations and the quality of professional services.
- Participate in preparing and managing proposals.
- Lead and carry out electrical engineering projects for industrial clients.
- Develop and implement work methods.
- Be responsible for preparing, drafting and producing study reports.
- Be responsible for designing power systems and giving final approval for associated engineering documents.
- Perform the technical management of projects (design reviews, costs, schedules).
- Share your technical knowledge with young engineers and technicians on the team in order to prepare the next generation of technical professionals.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Focused on service excellence
- Strong ability to plan and organize
- Demonstrate leadership
- Business acumen and entrepreneurship
- Good motivator
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering.
- Member in good standing of the OIQ and/or PEGNL.
- At least 5 to 12 years of relevant experience in power systems and MV and HV equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical installation safety.
- In-depth knowledge of MV and HV equipment and apparatus.
- Intermediate knowledge of test equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of work safety and site supervision.
- Basic knowledge of power flow and short-circuit studies, protection coordination and arc flash hazard analyses.
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, MS Project, Excel).
- Knowledge of ETAP, EMTP-RV, Cyme and PSAF software.
- Bilingual (English and French) verbal and written, ability to draft technical documents in both English and French.
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.