How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume with ‘Director of People & Culture’ in the subject line of the email.
For more information on Eminence Organic Skin Care, visit our website www.eminenceorganics.com, Facebook Page www.facebook.com/EminenceOrganicSkinCare and YouTube Page www.youtube.com/user/eminenceorganics.
*Update on Monday, April 1st, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Futureinitiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as “Favorite Skin Care Line” and “Favorite Product Education”, both for ten years in a row, as well as “Favorite All-Natural Line” for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple “Best of the Best” readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Director of People & Culture leads the development of Human Resources strategies that align with Eminence’s values, mission and strategic goals. The Director of People & Culture has overall responsibility and oversight for all Human Resources functions including recruitment, compensation, key performance indicators, contracts, onboarding/orientation, employee engagement, retention, health, wellness & safety, payroll & benefits and training & development. The Director provides functional expertise, consultation and hands-on leadership to the HR team. Drawing upon a strong foundation of business operations experience and understanding, the Director partners with leaders across the organization to help teams in their planning and achievement of the collective organizational goals.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
Reporting to the Director of Organization Development, the Director of People & Culture leads a team of HR Professionals including an HR Manager, Payroll & Benefits Specialist, HR & OD Coordinator and 2 HR Specialists – the team provides support to all the Eminence team-members in North America (employees and independent contractors). The role also works with various Eminence learning & development specialists to provide education to Eminence team-members.
Human Resources & Programs
- Enhance, develop and deliver progressive and innovative people programs
- Partner with the Director of Organization Development and the Human Resources Team to enhance, design, develop and implement Human Resource programs and policies that support company strategies
- Support the organization's culture so that the culture exemplifies the core values, supports the achievement of the company's goals and promotes employee engagement & retention
- Provide Human Resources coaching and support to Leaders
- Partner with Leaders to translate business needs into HR plans
- Minimize risk and impact to the business through solid HR strategies
- Drive initiatives that address key business needs
- Develop and analyze metrics/data to identify trends, support decisions, and plan actions
- Partner with the HR Team & software vendor to continue to develop modules and fully implement an HRIS including an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Provide subject matter expertise in employment contracts/law; interpret and develop contracts
- Oversee the creation of complex employee communications
- Lead the implementation of HR projects on the project plan; work with the team to set realistic timelines and milestones
- Manage talent attraction strategies and recruiting best practices
- Create and promote programs to drive performance
- Support leaders to create growth opportunities for team-members
- Ensure attraction and retention of Eminence’s team-member talent
- Maintain Compensation best practices for new hires and annual company-wide reviews
- Analyze competitive market research and prepare compensation analysis to support employee attraction and retention
- Participate in salary surveys to maintain competitiveness
- Partner with Division and Department Leaders including the HR Manager to drive employee engagement & retention
- Lead annual Team-Member Opinion Survey
- Work with leaders on report interpretation and action planning
- Facilitate department debriefs
- Conduct and evaluate exit interviews and team-member check-ins for trends
- Work with leaders on interview interpretation and action plans
- Drive a culture of continuous feedback and recognition
- Oversee the full employee lifecycle and all programs and processes that support the teams
- Lead innovative onboarding and orientation programs
Learning & Development
- Partner with Eminence’s Learning & Development Specialists to develop, implement and evaluate programs that facilitate professional development, coaching and continuous learning of team-members and leaders (through internal and external programs)
- Situational Leadership, Conflict Resolution
- Eminence Leadership Best Practices
- Best practices for 1:1s
- Team effectiveness (healthy work environment, developing capacity for change and growth, employee engagement and team building)
Key Performance Indicators
- At Eminence, all full-time team-members have Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which drive Quarterly and Year-end bonus achievement. The Director of People & Culture will partner with the Director of Organization Development to manage and provide hands-on support to the leaders to develop and maintain company-wide KPIs and performance objectives that align with company goals:
- Partner with leaders to create goals, objectives and incentives for teams
- Create and distribute Quarterly & Annual Goals & Objectives
- Lead the calculation & review of Quarterly and Year-End bonus results
- Lead the tracking and reporting of Company and Departmental KPIs
- Strong foundation of business operations experience along with the ability to develop and interpret metrics/data to inform decision making and planning
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on quality and best practices
- Strong Customer service focus; seek opportunities for continuous improvement and strive to create a positive and meaningful Customer experience internally and externally
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate Eminence core values and contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- Ability to create succinct and inspiring written communications
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior grammar and composition skills
- Demonstration of responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects with diverse groups
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information
- Ability to use initiative, independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Conflict Management skills
- Practice self-development; lifelong learning
- 10+ years of progressively increasing experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 4 years of experience leading a multi-discipline HR team/department
- 10+ years leading a team, with a minimum of 4 years leading a team of HR Professionals
- Experience in Operations/Office Management with strong business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of the role responsibilities
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in facilitating problem-solving with teams, leaders and the organization
- Experience in employment contracts/law; ability to interpret and develop contracts
- Familiarity with US employment law an asset
- Experience in facilitating and conducting training
- Project Management experience
- Track record of supporting and driving organizational change
- Ability to thrive in a transparent, collaborative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
Education and Credentials:
- Any combination of education or experience that would be equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or HR or related field
- Knowledge of Employment Standards, regulations, contracts, policies and procedures related to the work performed
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and effective business communications
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in attracting, recruiting, interviewing and testing candidates
- Knowledge of performance development processes
Job Type: Full-time
- Team Leadership: 10 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 10 years (Preferred)