This listing is to cover a maternity leave position for 12-18 months on a full time contract.
At Blum Canada Limited, this position would ensure maintenance of all company capital assets, including insurance and health and safety compliance, as well as supervision of all company contracts including related databases. The position involves supporting building maintenance tasks, company event management, and special projects as directed by the Blum Canada Operations Team.
Chain of Command
- This position would report to the BCA Controller, in collaboration with the Blum Canada Operations Team.
Education and experience
- Studies in general business administration, property management or risk management
- 2-3 years experience in similar capacity: asset management, insurance contract administration
- A team player with the ability and desire to work independently, and identify opportunities… a self-starter
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning, Productivity and Group management software (SAP, Lotus Notes, MS Office)
- The Facility Administrator is responsible to participate in regular team meetings. He/She is required to apply relevant skills and knowledge to provide meaningful contributions to team initiatives.
- Responsible for facilities, and maintenance of Blum property assets.
- Supervise the sourcing, selection and evaluation of vendors for services and capital investments.
- Manage and maintain the filing systems required for this function and ensure file integrity
- Maintain a departmental calendar of recurring tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain documentation for tasks performed in the department
Job Specifications – Task detail:
Facility Administration & Property Maintenance Responsibilities
- Internal supplies inventory supervision: lunch room and cleaning supplies
- Assist with in-house event organization and management
- Supervising the sourcing, selection and evaluation of suppliers for office equipment and related capital investments. Support office machine maintenance schedules and effect repairs.
- Maintain database files: “Building Operations Guide”, in collaboration with the IT Manager
- Assistance with annual budgets preparation
- Annual fixed asset inventory supervision
- Studies on utility cost management
- Periodically review and maintain documentation on long-term contracts
- Maintain schedule long-term property and building envelope maintenance under contract
Facility Administration & Property Maintenance Responsibilities (cont.)
- Manage contracted services, review, and source alternate suppliers for specific term contracts.
- Electrical, mechanical and plumbing maintenance and service agreements
- Material handling equipment maintenance
- Contracts for:
- general property maintenance,
- grounds keeping,
- snow plowing,
- lawn and garden maintenance.
- Housekeeping, office cleaning.
- Handyman and janitorial services. * Other contracts as may be required for cost savings and to improve operations. * Conduct regular scheduled maintenance inspections of the facilities and equipment.
- Develop and maintain planning calendars, inspection check lists and reports as required.
- Maintain record of completed inspection reports and manage correction of deficiencies.
- Managing the company automotive fleet of 18 vehicles; including the procurement process and insurance requirements in multiple jurisdictions
- Monitor company fleet vehicle mileage logs
- Supervise building key card access
Health & Safety Program Support
- Administration of the Blum Canada Health and Safety Program.
- Co-chair the Health and Safety Committee with elected health and safety representatives.
- Assist with incident report documentation and claims management.
- Create internal training programs and foster health & safety culture
Group Travel coordination
- Manage group travel bookings with agency partner: air, hotel, car rentals
- Support user travel reservation interface
- Coordinate visitor reservations with Blum Austria
- Maintain BCA group travel log
- Ensure adherence to BCA Travel Policy
Other Miscellaneous tasks and special projects as identified and assigned by the Operations Team.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year