The EVS (Housekeeping) Supervisor is responsible for the administration and day to day supervision and operation of housekeeping services at the gaming site. In this role, you will supervise a team of housekeepers in a shift work environment, fostering a safe and efficient work environment. Your strong presence on the gaming floor will be vital to your management of people and interacting with Guests, while delivering exceptional Guest Service and ensuring compliance with Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations and other applicable laws, policies and regulations. Contributes to a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members. Motivates, leads by example and provides a learning environment. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures.
Pickering Casino Resort is slated to open in early 2020 and will feature a number of gaming and dining options, while the second phase will include a full scope of entertainment amenities and hotel offerings. Once complete, the Pickering Casino Resort will include a casino, hotel, entertainment centre, and multiple food outlets, providing an eclectic mix of adventure, culture, cuisine, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Supervise a team of housekeepers in a shift work setting, fostering a safe and efficient work environment;
- Responsible for tracking inventory levels of supplies and ensuring equipment is operating efficiently and ordering inventory as needed;
- Accountable for staff, assisting with hiring, training, evaluations, recognition and development;
- Assisting with scheduling and approving time manager on daily basis;
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational department heads;
- Responds to issues from Guests and other stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Ensures compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas of the building;
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- University and/or College degree in a related discipline;
- One (1) or more years of experience as a Supervisor in a related field;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and managerial skills;
- Ability to exceed internal and external guest expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities, deadlines and deliverables, exposure to some conflict, distress and noise;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and communication skills;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- This role requires a flexible schedule that adapts to the business needs of a 24-hour operation; will have non-traditional work hours including evening and weekend shifts
- The ability to obtain and maintain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario;
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping: 10 years (Preferred)
- Housekeeping Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)