Job Number: 91017
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.4080 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 25.9265
Post Date: Sep 23, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External
: Sep 30, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
Ambulatory Care at the Hamilton General Hospital encompasses a variety of medical and surgical clinics. The clinics are administered by the Cardiac & Vascular Program and include: Cardiac Ambulatory Clinics, General Internal Medicine, Medicine Sub-Specialties, Ear Nose and Throat, General Surgery and Surgery Sub-Specialties. The Cardiac Ambulatory Clinic is comprised of multiple clinics including: Comprehensive Cardiology Clinic, Heart Function Clinic, Cardiac Device Clinic, Cardiac Arrhythmia Clinic, Cardiac Health and Rehab, Cardiac Surgery, Structural Heart and Valve Clinic.
The Booking Clerk provides clerical and administrative support to patients, families and those providing service and/or care and functions according to the job description for Booking Clerk.
Responsibilities include: registration, scheduling, database entry, coordinating internal and external communication, coordinating and supporting ambulatory clinic services and performing other clerical functions as required. Tasks also require using various computer programs, including but not limited to Meditech (CWS, ORM) MiReq. The Business Clerk will be working with an interdisciplinary team including nursing, allied health, physicians and learners.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, weekends
1. Grade 12 or equivalent
2. Graduate of community college secretarial or office administration program or equivalent office experience
3. Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2, subject to testing
4. Keyboarding 40 wpm, subject to testing
5. Ability to use Meditech software/modules (i.e. Community Wide Scheduling, Patient Care Inquiry, ORM and Order Entry) is required and subject to testing
6. Ability to use computer applications: Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) is required and subject to testing
7. Minimum of 2 years recent related experience in an ambulatory clinic
8. Demonstrated effective communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills within an interdisciplinary team
9. Demonstrate ability to sit for long periods, repetitive reaching and repetitive bending
10. Commitment to a safe work environment and adherence to regulated safety activities
11. Commitment to Hamilton Health Sciences' mission, vision, and values
12. Understanding of privacy and confidentiality policies
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement