Job Title: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Requisition #: 075263
Job Location: Canada-British Columbia-Whistler
Department: Accounts Receivable
Job Type: Regular, Part Time
Start Date of Employment: 25-Sep-2018
Posting Date: 17-Sep-2018
Work Days: Mon, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun,
Hours of Work: 1800-2200
Work Site: 4380 Lorimer Road, Whistler
Within the context of a complex health care environment and under general supervision, this position is responsible to perform a variety of accounts receivable duties. Receives and posts payments; prepares adjustments and journal vouchers, issues receipts. Prepares and posts bills. Reconciles and/or balances daily receipts and/or accounts to the general ledger. Maintains collection files; follows up on delinquent accounts. Prepares bank deposits. Runs and distributes system reports. Maintains records, trust accounts, patient valuables and petty cash. Responds to inquiries. Investigates and clears discrepancies.
1. Bills self-pay patient, out-of-province, WCB and similar sundry accounts; posts billing information such as charges for patient and medical agency accounts to the accounts receivable ledger and balances to the general ledger.
2. Receives payments; enters information into cash receipts journal, balances and summarizes journal and receivable accounts; matches and checks payments received against invoices and posts from journal to accounts receivable ledger.
3. Processes patient charges; checks that Admitting Discharge Transfer is accurate in establishing patient's financial responsibility, reviews codes to ensure that patient has been classified correctly, adjusts financial class grading of patient accounts when necessary or inputs patient charges into billing system; verifies data is entered correct.
4. Enters submissions and resubmissions such as patient self-pay and patient agency charges, medical plan billings, room differentials, ALC and LTC charges. Distributes as appropriate.
5. Verifies invoices, statements and outpatient charge vouchers, admission and separation histories, etc. against source documents. Investigates discrepancies; contacts patients, relatives, social workers, immigration officers and/or applicable hospital staff for missing data ensure accuracy.
6. Reconciles designated accounts; matches to payments received, refunds and invoices issued; identifies and investigates discrepancies. Prepares adjustment information such as vouchers and credit balance refunds to resolve.
7. Selects accounts for collection; prepares listings and supporting documentation to transfer delinquent accounts to collection agencies. Maintains collection files; advises collection agency of payments and queries and provides additional information as required.
8. Follows up on delinquent accounts; initiates and responds to correspondence and telephone contacts with patients, agencies and insurers. Traces accounts returned by Post Office.
9. Issues receipts for cash transactions; prepares bank deposits, balances and maintains daily receipts, records, petty cash account, etc.
10. Maintains extended care patient trust accounts; requests and receives deposits, processes charges and prepares patient trust account statements as required.
11. Updates patient agency information such as adjusting responsibility of payment information and lists of patients receiving outside services.
12. Runs system reports such as Master Log, Weekly Billing Month-end reports on a regular basis; enters required system commands and distributes reports.
13. Receives patient valuables; verifies contents of valuable envelopes and releases to patient on discharge according to Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) policies and procedures.
14. Responds to telephone and/or front desk inquiries on various issues relating to cashiering and/or designated accounts receivable portfolio.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course and two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
Ability to keyboard at 40 wpm.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.