The Senior Property Manager, reporting to the Director, Operations – Western Canada, ensures that assigned retail properties are operated and maintained in a cost-effective, safe and efficient manner as per the operating parameters and standards of FCR. The incumbent is accountable for the financial and operational performance of a group of properties within a region and acts as the primary FCR representative for day-to-day contact with the tenants. In addition, the Senior Property Manager will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Tenant relationships and landlord branding.
- Performs financial control activities including the development of annual operating budgets, performing monthly budget analyses and re-forecasting allocations as necessary, 100% rent collection and meeting annual targets;
- Liaises with the tenants on day-to-day property management issues;
- Develops and maintains preventative and corrective maintenance schedules; and oversees maintenance activities;
- Meets provincial/federal/municipal legislation's and standards with respect to employment standards, human rights, employment equity, health and safety, environmental, etc;
- Manages sub-contractor activities for goods and services including preparation of tender documents, tender and bid analyses, negotiating best possible terms and preparing contract documents and monitoring sub-contractor performance as per FCR process and procedures;
- Supervises administrative and property management staff, including directing activities, establishing goals and objectives, performance evaluation and communicating vision for operations and maintenance;
- Responds to Tenant billing inquiries and related correspondence;
- Approval and sign-off of rent rolls;
- Provides recommendations of account write-offs for senior management approval;
- Prepares strategic analysis of properties considering financial indicators, market analysis and long term project plans;
- Oversees the Portfolio Management Zone (PMZ) including the prioritization of departmental tasks/ deadlines and balances Team Member workloads;
- Monitors service level request from Tenants and ensures that they are within the scope of the leases;
- Works with residential strata in mixed-use developments.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in a property management/retail environment
Required Licenses or Professional Accreditation:
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, while working as part of the Vancouver & Western teams;
- Excellent accounting and business management skills;
- Excellent at planning and organizing;
- Strong people management, mentoring and coaching skills;
- Travel required to portfolio properties within a specified geographic area;
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of building standards and requirements coupled with sound technical knowledge.
- One of the following professional designation – Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Certified Property Manager (CPM), Facility Management Administrator (FMA), Real Property Administrator (RPA), Certified Shopping Center Manager (CSM), Accredited Shopping Center Manager (ASM).
- Valid driver’s license (as required)
Excellent compensation commensurate with experience and full benefit package. Successful candidates will be subject to background check.
Accessibility support and accommodations for disabilities, wherever appropriate, will be provided in the recruitment process on request