Why join us?
Oxford Properties Group is a global platform for real estate investment, development and management, with over 1,700 employees and approximately $30 billion of real assets that it manages for itself and on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Established in 1960, Oxford has regional offices in Toronto, London and New York, and the company’s portfolio includes approximately 50 million square feet of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hotel properties. Oxford is the real estate arm of the OMERS Worldwide Group of Companies.
Oxford is seeking a Senior Property Manager to join our Retail team in Toronto, Canada. This position is responsible for ensuring day to day operations of Square One are running efficiently to create a first-class retail experience.
Reporting to the Director and GM, the Senior Property Manager (SPM) will oversee a large operational team including Property Administration, Reception & Administration, Guest Experience, and Specialty Leasing, with a emphasis on Tenant / Guest Relations. The SPM will maintain and improve the upkeep of the property by ensuring an efficient alignment of site level resources while collaborating with internal stakeholders during the implementation of corporate initiatives.
Leading all employee engagement efforts to ensure a consistent and high-level service and shopping experience, in the absence of the Director and GM, the SPM is expected to assume the overall leadership of the Centre.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:Tenant / Guest Relations:
- Appropriately manage tenant and guests’ relations regarding the property’s policies and procedures, construction projects and all other issues/inquiries that may arise.
- Be involved in industry associations and community initiatives. Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, tenants, union and non-union employees.
- Effectively manage tenant relationships by being responsive, diplomatic, and decisive in all interaction. Responsible to pool in resources to trouble shoot and problem solve tenant issues as they arise.
The Food District
- Strategically work with tenants to drive opportunities within tenant spaces and the Demonstration Kitchen in partnership with Specialty Leasing and the Market Manager.
- Host & Facilitate monthly tenant meetings to drive engagement and sales amongst FD tenants via joint initiatives, marketing and special events.
- Work with Leasing and Senior Leadership to upkeep prospect roster ensuring The Food District remains relevant. Make recommendations as needed to amend tenant spaces and financials based on performance of tenancies.
Guest Experience / Employee Engagement
- Lead and direct property teams in the completion of their duties while ensuring those duties are constantly aligned with property objectives;
- Conduct regular property inspections;
- Facilitate and champion the property level employee engagement program to ensure a consistent brand experience at all levels of the Shopping Centre;
- Ensure Guest Experience initiatives are aligned with property objectives and national programs;
- Act as the liaison between property departments to ensure clear and consistent flow of communication is received and disseminated amongst team members.
Property / Office Administration
- Oversight of the Property Administration team to ensure accurate and timely tenant documentation, billings and collection of receivables;
- Respond to and follow-up on all escalated legal and receivables issues / documentation;
- Ensure timely distribution for annual pre-bill and year-end billings;
- Approval of Signed Deal Memorandums (SDM), Lease Profiles, License Agreements;
- Oversee the accurate entry of leasing budgets and forecast.
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Provide guidance and coordination to all aspects of the multi-year budget preparation and regular forecasting, including a sustainable operating budget and capital plan;
- Collaborate with Leasing to provide information pertaining to market share, sales projections, and category analysis;
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly reports and assist the Director and GM during quarterly corporate updates;
- Lead the preparation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to Co-ownership. Analyze and report on other critical data at the property as required.
- Support the execution of Asset Management plans.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, Finance or related discipline;
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in a related field within the retail/property management industry;
- Microsoft Office with a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills to work in a dynamic, fast pace environment.
- Extremely multi-tasked oriented with the ability to manage several projects at once.
- Analytical mind-set to collect, review and analyze market, financial and sales data Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a high level of attention to detail;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving, project management, presentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines;
- Have a flexible attitude towards a variety of work tasks as is required in a small working group;
ABOUT OXFORD PROPERTIES GROUP Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages over C$58 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal employees. For more information on Oxford, visit www.oxfordproperties.com .OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.